Rekluse Z start Pro WoW!!!!

7 replies to this topic
  • heydon

Posted September 20, 2007 - 10:07 AM

I have a 2000 yz426 that I bought about 8 months ago, and I ride mostly tight trails in oregon and washington. I have read about all the good upgrades on Thumpertalk and was planning on doing most of them to make the bike better on trails. That included the weighted flywheel, 01 clutch upgrade, Dr D hot start, changing sprokets and a number of other ones I had read about. I was just waiting to get some extra money. I then talked to the guys at D&S cycle in aloha and they said they had great results with the rekluse and they said it would take care of the problems I was having with stalling,the clutch and trying to restart the bike using the hot start on hills and trails. I had them install the the rekluse pro which they had not installed before and they said it was alot easier to install than the original Z start and had better parts and easier adjustments. I have to tell you after two trips to the woods this is the best thing ever you can go anywhere and not worry about tight areas, hills, roots, rocks, ruts, sudden braking your bike never stalls. You can go slow as you want and still goose it and have all of the 426 power. Sorry for the long post but I wanted people to know you don't need all of the other mods because the rekluse takes care of all of the problems. The only time I had to start my bike is when I unloaded it and if I turned it off to look at a map.:thumbsup:

• 99raptor

Posted September 20, 2007 - 04:14 PM

I have one on my '04 ,and love it.

• Contractor

Posted September 21, 2007 - 12:12 AM

One of the best mods I have done

• Fastest1

Posted September 21, 2007 - 04:05 AM

They make great components!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bike15

Posted February 14, 2008 - 01:44 PM

going down hill with a recluse clutch can be exciting.kick the idle up it helps to slow'er down.

• MtnManRidr

Posted February 25, 2008 - 10:00 PM

I ride single track in Montana on my '04 WR 450, stepping up the '08 KTM 300 with the Rekluse Pro. I rode a friends 300 with the Pro last week and that sold me on the clutch. Life is going to be so much easier in the tight spots. Half my energy was spent on some narly hill or boulder field with the 450. Keeping the 450 for the open spaces, otherwise it will collect dust for awhile.

• mcornell

Posted April 10, 2011 - 11:50 PM

I ride an 04 YZ450 fitted a 50 tooth rear, then a 13 oz flywheel weight and lastly the Rekluse by far the best mod you can do to the bike is the clutch, easy to install works exactly as advertised and is fantastic on the bike.

• giborex

Posted April 15, 2011 - 12:42 PM

I just installed a Z-Start Pro on my '03 YZ450F and it was the best thing I could have done to my bike. No more arm pump on my left forearm from having to use the clutch so much in the tight twisty stuff or on the technical hills.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.