Who makes the loudest, most power-adding pipe for the XR650L

41 replies to this topic
  • machman

Posted September 20, 2007 - 09:23 AM

Simple question.

...I like my neighbours but for some reason they don't like me???:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worthy:

• martinfan30

Posted September 20, 2007 - 09:25 AM

my WB e2 series is pretty loud with the competition tip installed. way more power with that tip than with the spark arrestor tip!
i'm really thinking of switching to Staintune's full exhaust system, never needs repacking! my e2 is starting to spit out packing bits.

• jonr3

Posted September 20, 2007 - 09:28 AM

My Pro Circuit T4 is pretty loud and seemed to add a lot more response and power.

I really like the looks of the Staintune system that martinfan30 mentioned, but I don't know how loud it is.

• AtomicGeo

Posted September 20, 2007 - 09:37 AM

Simple question.

...I like my neighbours but for some reason they don't like me???:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worthy:

I suppose a slip-on only system won't... Usually claimed that you need the full headers and end pipe "tuned" to your particular conditions (altitude, jetting and mix).

• machman

Posted September 20, 2007 - 09:47 AM

By the way I already have a White Brothers header. Now I'm just thinking of the back half.

• Motosprtman

Posted September 20, 2007 - 10:06 AM

The WB's E2 is loud and it does improve performance, however I think FMF is good too. Anything that enable the cylinder to breath, get the proper amount of fuel air in and ignite it and then exhaust it quickly and repeat = better running and the full power is realized. It is not that the aftermarket pipes "make power" - rather they simply enable the motor to breathe and hidden power that is inhibited by lean jetting and restrictive exhaust is unleashed. The motor is running as it should. Think of it like going for a run and smoking a cigarette at the same time. (stock setup).

• Denn10

Posted September 20, 2007 - 10:31 AM

the "SEARCH" does LOL like there arent 100 threads about exhaust TRY IT OUT sometime its really helpful instead of another thread like last weeks!! OPEN PIPE straight back NO HEADER.

• martinfan30

Posted September 20, 2007 - 10:34 AM

looks like you've lost some fuel again denn lol!

• Denn10

Posted September 20, 2007 - 11:33 AM

LOL nah im ok i guess you have to have 4good to even out 1 bad LOL

• Frank ZX

Posted September 20, 2007 - 12:14 PM

What does the Staintune system sell for?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • machman

Posted September 20, 2007 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the insight.:thumbsup:

...alternatively, you could see the fact that you would be irritated by my post from the heading and choose to ignore it:prof:

...read: "I did search and wasn't satisfied with the results so I'm asking the question myself"

the "SEARCH" does LOL like there arent 100 threads about exhaust TRY IT OUT sometime its really helpful instead of another thread like last weeks!! OPEN PIPE straight back NO HEADER.

• martinfan30

Posted September 20, 2007 - 12:23 PM

dont know but you can see it on an L here:

http://www.staintune.com.au/

• XR650L_Dave

Posted September 20, 2007 - 01:32 PM

Do you want the loudest one, or the one that makes the most power?

D

• machman

Posted September 20, 2007 - 02:08 PM

I want it all:rant: :thumbsup:

• Old Dog

Posted September 20, 2007 - 06:05 PM

I've used the stock muffler(crap), a Pro Circuit 490 (much better) and have recently just installed a Big Gun Evo-X (better yet). I can't attest to the durability of the Evo-X as I've only run it for a short time (I've heard stories of them blowing apart after one season's use), but it sounds better than the Pro Circuit (a little deeper rumble). I ran the Pro circuit for a full season and had no problems, but at the end of the season it was definitely ready for a repack.

In the end, the decision is up to you, but IMHO, if you want something with a moderate performance improvement, that sounds half decent and seems to be durable, go with the Pro Circuit 490. If you want something that sounds kick-ass, seems to add to performance, but whose durability has yet to be proven, got with the Gig Gun Evo-X. :thumbsup:

• Suikerland

Posted September 20, 2007 - 10:23 PM

on the staintune website there is a price list in Australian dollars, you'd just have to convert to US.
It's 100% stainless steel, no repacking and should outlast the bike, so it's not as cheap as "disposable" pipes. But it's very good.

It comes with removable restrictor, depending on how load / how much airflow you want.
I run mine with the restrictor out, it's increased low and midrange power and it's pretty loud, I'm guessing 96 - 97 db with the throttle open. Most thumper pipes are quiet at idle. (No noise restrictions where I live..)

Pc here http://www.thumperta...2&postcount=455

if u look closely at the tip of the muffler you'll see the restrictor still in - pipe was very new.

• nukinfutz

Posted September 21, 2007 - 06:39 AM

I have the EvoX full system. The head pipe is rusted as the finish is peeling off. Seems like I wash the bike, scrub the mud off the head pipe, ride it down the road to dry it off, and I can't keep new rust from forming overnight. I never used harsh abrasives on the head pipe either. It's too far gone for preventive maintenance now though. Just seems like the price I paid for the system, shouldn't rust that easy. As far as the slip on, the pop-rivets are all coming loose and rattling like a rock in a tin can. System is a little over a year old, and yes it prolly needs repacking. Blew the screen out on the first ride. As far as the punishment the bike gets when I ride, well, if I don't come back bleeding, and rip something off the bike, :thumbsup: . To me, care and maintenance of a pipe like this one is pretty high, from reading here on TT, if you go for Sunday rides with grandma' on the back, and don't get the bike dirty, Evo (head pipe) is okay. If you think you are in a race every time you throw a leg over the damn thing......better get a Stainless system or something along that type of durability. Now, I guess there is nothing to say you can't go with a more durable head pipe, and the Evo slip on, since the sound, from my personal experience, rocks neighborhoods as I rip by. I rode last weekend with a bunch of sport bikes on a short ride through the country, and you could hear my BRP over ALL of the "buzzn' half dozens". I really like the sound of the pipe, and now that the thing is needing repacked, it sounds better....:thumbsup: .

• martinfan30

Posted September 21, 2007 - 06:59 AM

sweet signature nf!

• redwoody

Posted September 21, 2007 - 10:42 AM

Simple question.

...I like my neighbours but for some reason they don't like me???:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worthy: :ride:

please don't bash on me for preaching, but if you ride off-road - especially if you ride trails on public lands, let's keep our bikes quiet.
"more sound equals less ground" or, should I say:
"less sound equals more ground"
thanks.
:thumbsup:

• XR680RR

Posted September 21, 2007 - 10:51 AM

please don't bash on me for preaching, but if you ride off-road - especially if you ride trails on public lands, let's keep our bikes quiet.
"more sound equals less ground" or, should I say:
"less sound equals more ground"
thanks.
:thumbsup:

Vote Hillary! She will fix all our riding area's and make all bikes be quite forever!

You sound police como pinko nazi lets be nice guys make me sick:banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.