tips on keeping those white plastics white?

12 replies to this topic
  • justin squiers

Posted September 19, 2007 - 09:49 PM

i have a 08 yz 450 and they plastics are painful to keep white, every time i ride a brown stain gets on them where my knees rub. i have tryed using gumption a household bathroom cleaner.

any other suggestions would be great

• TexN343

Posted September 19, 2007 - 10:43 PM

kerosene....I use it to clean my air filters too.

• Chickenhauler

Posted September 19, 2007 - 11:13 PM

Turtle Wax Chrome Polish-rubs the stains right out. Use it just like if you were polishing your bumper.

Even works on iron ore stains you pick up in places like N MN.

• jakem707

Posted September 19, 2007 - 11:26 PM

Suzuki Bike Wash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WB450

Posted September 20, 2007 - 07:09 AM

Soft Scrub works.

• natel

Posted September 20, 2007 - 07:10 AM

Mr clean magic eraser works the best. but even the heavy duty ones are only good for 1 wash.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jayh300

Posted September 20, 2007 - 07:59 AM

comet cleanser powder, make a paste in a rag and get after it.
works on mine.

• markseaba

Posted September 20, 2007 - 08:05 AM

Mr clean magic eraser works the best. but even the heavy duty ones are only good for 1 wash.

these things are amazing, not only on bikes, but on anything a 2 year old can right with where a 2 year old is not supposed to write, walls, furniture, motorcycles, etc...............:thumbsup:

• KAS

Posted September 20, 2007 - 08:43 AM

I use a product made by Spartan Chemical Co. called BH38.

I wash my whole bike with it (think Simple Green but better), and I use a scrub brush on the shrouds where my knees grind in the dirt. Comes out looking great.

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted September 20, 2007 - 09:06 AM

mr. clean wipes...i asked the same thing last year and they work AWESOME!

• JoeSactown

Posted September 20, 2007 - 09:32 AM

Simple green, the green brillo side of a sponge, and elbow grease. Very economical.

• ZMoney520

Posted September 20, 2007 - 02:51 PM

Go to home depot or lowes and get some goof off. Put it on a paper towel and the plastic comes right back without any elbow grease. It will even get the dirt out of the shroud decals. It works awesome.

• spankbank7

Posted September 20, 2007 - 10:01 PM

WD-40 works good

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.