Weight Savings

31 replies to this topic
  • Sandracer_uk

Posted February 12, 2001 - 08:49 AM

hey just a thought,,,,,
with all the wieght saving uve made to ur bike ,, cant u find a way of fitting ur daughter on the bike,,,,this will balance the wieght again,,,,
but the great news is u get to ride and spend time with ur little girl ,, however u may wanna soften up the suspension a tad and take it easy on those triples.

• jj

Posted February 12, 2001 - 10:59 PM

Hey Dougie, Congats! Hey I've got a PW50 with trianing wheels collecting dust in the garage for you! :)

------------------
JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender

• Polo

Posted February 12, 2001 - 10:22 PM

Big weight savings guarandeed!!!

RIDE NAKED!!! Saves at least 5-10lbs.
:D :) :D

[This message has been edited by Polo (edited 02-13-2001).]

• joecallan

Posted February 12, 2001 - 10:54 PM

try taking a dump before you ride :)

• Polo

Posted February 13, 2001 - 11:34 AM

Taking a dump, GREAT IDEA!!! Saves another 5-10lbs :) Could also save on some embarissing post-ride clean up after that tripple attempt...

• Actiondan

Posted February 13, 2001 - 01:20 PM

A good trick to save weight is remove the front wheel and wheelie every-where then also you can remove front break and leaver as there not needed.... glad i could help

[This message has been edited by Actiondan (edited 02-13-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sandracer_uk

Posted February 13, 2001 - 02:44 PM

if ur gonna remove the front wheel and brakes etc, why the hell not remove the forks?
they r damn heavy,,,,,,let me know how u get on with the tripples

• SFO

Posted February 13, 2001 - 05:41 PM

I pulled the coolant catch tank and run a 2000kx 65 rad cap. It is a 1.8 bar and it stops the teapot sound that plagued me after removing the catch tank.
I put acerbis plastic on but would not recommend it. It fits awfully and is brittle. I heard ufo is the way to go. To run the number plate I have a protaper clamp that has a little flingus that attaches.
I pulled the lights and regulator rectifer.
Aluminum rear sprocket, 52 teeth allows me to pull 3rd more in the woods...
Ty Davis new style tank, allows the fuel to ride lower which deminishes the barbell in the triple clamps feel.
The odo and cable removed and use the yz spacer...

• Taffy

Posted February 13, 2001 - 08:56 PM

sfo

talk us through or take a photo of that ty davis tank. what's different about the design?

Taffy

• SFO

Posted February 13, 2001 - 09:29 PM

The early ty davis tank was white.
It is a yz 3.3 ga. I believe.
When cruzing another wr page I saw some problems with the fittment being adressed.
It is a lowboy design, the kickstarter fits into a pocket on the right and the carb is covered on the left.
You must fit a remote hot start to run this fuel cell, also you lose choke access making cold starting a pumper fest.
It was recommended that I not get it due to tank-pipe proximety.
I liked the low-boy style so I got it.
When it arrived, it was blue.
There were no tank -pipe clearance issues.
I believe ty redsigned it.
If you do a search on Ty Davis you can find his web-site.
He makes a softer compound chain buffer and some other wr/yz nic-nacs. Good hunting.

• Polo

Posted February 16, 2001 - 09:50 PM

I just discovered another cool weight-saver. CarbonFiber helmit. I got me one to match my bike, and you can't beleave the how nice it feels. I love it!

• yzf

Posted February 26, 2001 - 04:00 PM

i run acerbis plastic and it fits perfect and i mean perfect hole drilled correct and looks stock (rear fender ,front fender , front plate ,radater shouds) i haven't tried the side panels though the best part is it cost half of stock i don't like ufo because every thing i've bought from them didn't have the holes drilled and the lines of the fenders were slightly differnt than stock they seemed more rounded than the stock ones. i didn't weigh them but they seemed lighter

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.