New and Improved Zip Ty Carb Mod

10 replies to this topic
  • swatdoc

Posted September 19, 2007 - 05:57 PM

Just got my carb back from Zip Ty, with the new and improved mods.
In addition to the internal carb mods, they now offer billet AP linkage. I like their linkage better than the one from Ready, because you can still adjust the squirt timing - with the Ready unit you cannot. Much cleaner setup than oring or wire IMHO. Also, if getting your carb modded by Zip Ty, you can purchase the R&D powerbowl for only 175 instead of 250. It does have other benefits besides the adj leak jet, and Ty is using them on their race bikes now.
Also got the billet hot start fitting, fuel screw, and magnetic float bowl cap. All total, with 2 magnetic oil bolts and the new masterlink tool, $298 with shipping

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Yamaha4lyfe

Posted September 19, 2007 - 07:27 PM

nice. let me know how it performs
looks like a good dealo

• ppar

Posted October 05, 2007 - 02:35 PM

So any updates on the performance gains with these mods?

• swatdoc

Posted October 05, 2007 - 03:58 PM

just got my bike together a few days ago. Still missing a front brake and all the lights, so my riding has been limited to a few trips around the block kinda thing.
Bike started on the 4th kick after being totally apart for months, and has abslutely ZERO bog or hesitation at all. Even a quick half throttle blip when it's on the stand can't induce any bog or hesitation, which is pretty amazing. Now it starts first kick just aout every time. The Graves ignition might be helping a little there also.
I'm running a 168 main and 48 pilot right now, with fuel screw at 1 1/2 turns out. Seems pretty damn good as is. Might have to fiddle with the FS a little more, but it's gonna be real hard to improve.

• Ga426owner

Posted October 06, 2007 - 06:10 AM

You now have a carb that will make your bike run 10 times better than any stock bike....and with more HP and this is w/o the bowl and the billet linkage....:confused: I see they do not wire the pump anymore
Both of my bikes have Zipty modded carbs , I swear by them and if I buy anymore MX bike the carb will be sent to Zipty for exactly what you ordered....please tell us how it runs with the R&D bowl.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huckster

Posted October 06, 2007 - 07:04 AM

anyone do this mod on an 08 yet?

• WB450

Posted October 06, 2007 - 06:59 PM

Sure looks pretty!

• maxx2200

Posted October 09, 2007 - 01:21 PM

I recently purchased an '01 YZ426 which seems to have quite a few obvious mods. How would I know if the ZipTy has been done? Is there a way to tell without removing the carb?

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted October 09, 2007 - 03:15 PM

I recently purchased an '01 YZ426 which seems to have quite a few obvious mods. How would I know if the ZipTy has been done? Is there a way to tell without removing the carb?

The main air jet should be missing. You should be able to tell that by pulling the end of the air cleaner boot off the carb. It's the one in the middle (on the bottom of the throat).
Posted Image

• maxx2200

Posted October 10, 2007 - 04:58 AM

Thanx for the info, I'll check that out.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted October 10, 2007 - 06:40 AM

now i sent my carb to zipty last march and they did all there stuff and WOW it made my bike run amazing. now i no it looks like they gave you a new bowlbut what else did they do.

if i send it back to them how much would it cost me and would it be worth getting there updated stuff done to it?

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.