02 xr650r sm suspension for 6"3" 200 pounder

7 replies to this topic
  • boogman26

Posted September 19, 2007 - 05:42 PM

i know this is asked alot, and i've been to the sites, i would love a more concrete answers for a sm rider...

i bought thr bike from a really small guy about 5'6" 130, i ride pretty aggressively, but i am new to sm riding. also i live in san francisco, and the streets are beat up...

also where in s.f. (s.f. sm riders), is a good place to have this done, I'm new to the city.

thanks in advance

r

• martinfan30

Posted September 19, 2007 - 05:54 PM

i know this is asked alot, and i've been to the sites, i would love a more concrete answers for a sm rider...

i bought thr bike from a really small guy about 5'6" 130, i ride pretty aggressively, but i am new to sm riding. also i live in san francisco, and the streets are beat up...

also where in s.f. (s.f. sm riders), is a good place to have this done, I'm new to the city.

thanks in advance

r

so your ? is where to have suspension work done? you will need stiffer springs, is the bike setup with SM wheels /tires? how about big brakes? you also may want to consider a USD conversion to cr or crf forks.

• boogman26

Posted September 19, 2007 - 06:08 PM

16" wheels oversized brake, stock forks and springs, stock rear suspension. the bike is set up supermoto now, i want stiffer less spungy ride. i was thinking about buying the parts off the web but most of the sites list mx springs or dual sport springs, not supermoto, which is a little confusing figuring out the best and affordable choice. and also where in the city, i dont have the space or tools or time right now, to have the parts put on.

thanks again

• martinfan30

Posted September 19, 2007 - 07:24 PM

http://emigracing.com/

interesting stuff here.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • boogman26

Posted September 19, 2007 - 08:05 PM

16" wheels oversized brake, stock forks and springs, stock rear suspension. the bike is set up supermoto now, i want stiffer less spungy ride. i was thinking about buying the parts off the web but most of the sites list mx springs or dual sport springs, not supermoto, which is a little confusing figuring out the best and affordable choice. and also where in the city, i dont have the space or tools or time right now, to have the parts put on.

thanks again

thanks for the link
very interesting

r

• Denn10

Posted September 20, 2007 - 07:05 AM

16" or 17" wheels? 17" is the norm for SM since you get the biggest variety of tires. You need to first get the springs for your weight and then if you want to spend the $$$$ get the suspension revalved for ya.

• boogman26

Posted September 20, 2007 - 07:16 PM

16" or 17" wheels? 17" is the norm for SM since you get the biggest variety of tires. You need to first get the springs for your weight and then if you want to spend the $$$$ get the suspension revalved for ya.

17" sorry' like i said i'm new to sm, how much to get the suspension redone? front and rear?

word up

r

• ESS

Posted September 20, 2007 - 07:46 PM

Try here. They are pretty close to you. Phil does good work. http://www.aftershocks-suspension.com/

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.