Anyone ever replaced this? Please help!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • z4me

Posted March 17, 2002 - 01:36 PM

INER TUBE COMP - as it is called at Powersports Pro. Basically it is the piece that the front caliper bolts to. They want $160 for the part :) - but what will I have to do to get it on?

• Scott_F

Posted March 17, 2002 - 02:17 PM

That sounds like the lower fork tube. Did you damage yours?

• z4me

Posted March 17, 2002 - 03:39 PM

There is a cast alum piece on the lower fork tube. It looks like a separate piece as it is cast - unlike the fork tube itself.

Yes - I tagged a rock with it on a hillclimb - not even a really hard hit, but it busted out where the caliper bolt threads into it. I will probably try to take it to a welder since I am currently unemployed - but I was wondering if it was pressed in - or if I would need special tools to get it off.

In this picture it is #3

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ400Court

Posted March 17, 2002 - 10:19 PM

The part is the entire inner fork tube with the aluminum piece already installed. They are not sold seperate.

• z4me

Posted March 18, 2002 - 02:10 AM

Double crap! :)

• z4me

Posted March 18, 2002 - 03:28 AM

OK - my bad. I should have examined it after I took the inch of mud off of it. The piece that broke was actually part of the caliper assembly.

It is the piece that bolts to the fork and allows the caliper to float. Have it in my hand right now.

Unfortunately, it seems that they do not sell just this piece either - but will sell me a caliper for $150 :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.