help picking colors

8 replies to this topic
  • NavyNuke

Posted September 18, 2007 - 09:33 PM

I'm thinking about redoing the colors on my 06.... I like the KTM front fender thats in black, but help me out with the rest of the bike.

this is how it is now
Posted Image
Posted Image

now thinking about this
Posted Image
the stock headlight/taillight are much better, just replated the bike, so thats a factor.

or
Posted Image

or put the white numberplates on, with all the numbers on it in black.

what do you guys think???? eventually I'd like to go all white, but no $$ for it now.

• NavyNuke

Posted September 18, 2007 - 09:34 PM

yeah I know, missing a barkbuster again, bent the mounts again.

but didn't loose it this last race. probably going back to bar mounts, seem to do better when the bark busters pivot instead of tripple tree mounted

• ccoates445

Posted September 18, 2007 - 09:48 PM

Do they sell that 900 gallon tank in neutral or white?

• NavyNuke

Posted September 18, 2007 - 10:01 PM

dunno, only a 3 gallon tank, and I got it used for 100 bucks... natural I'm sure though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ccoates445

Posted September 18, 2007 - 10:17 PM

sorry. looks like that gynormous thing that some guys run in the deep dark bush. Is that just the plastics down low?

• NavyNuke

Posted September 18, 2007 - 10:19 PM

nope thats the tank, hangs low on both sides. I get 120 to 150 miles out of it. at least trail riding. only gone about 85 miles on it during a race, but I was running on fumes when I pitted then.

• ccoates445

Posted September 18, 2007 - 10:34 PM

wow. that sure looks like more capacity than 3 gallons! i bet the c/g is helped by that design.

• NavyNuke

Posted September 18, 2007 - 10:43 PM

wow. that sure looks like more capacity than 3 gallons! i bet the c/g is helped by that design.

more like it hurts less than other big tank designs.

• Solo

Posted September 19, 2007 - 03:47 PM

more like it hurts less than other big tank designs.

You mean like my 4 gal monster? Mines mostly up top. I don't notice it much.

As for your colors. I have always thought your bike looked like a bad bruise. All black & blue. Find some sort of harmony in the colors, OR, just say F'it and ride. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.