Anyone ever ran cam 2 for fuel?

3 replies to this topic
  • matts06yzf

Posted September 18, 2007 - 05:40 PM

I have in street bikes but is it any good for mx? I used to mix it 50-50 with prem. for my street bikes any input would be great. Vp fuel is expensive and 100 miles away from me to get any

• 642MX

Posted September 18, 2007 - 06:30 PM

Cam 2 is a great product. A local gas station used to carry it and I always used it in my KTM 2 strokes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Polar_Bus

Posted September 19, 2007 - 08:21 AM

I have in street bikes but is it any good for mx? I used to mix it 50-50 with prem. for my street bikes any input would be great. Vp fuel is expensive and 100 miles away from me to get any

I run CAM II in my KX500 because I have the head shaved fir high compression. Jetting with race fuel is far easier also.

I never tried race fuel in my YZF, and I also asked here in the forum, and the generally feeling is there is no benifit to race fuel in a stock 4 stroke.

• grayracer513

Posted September 19, 2007 - 08:43 AM

...generally feeling is there is no benifit to race fuel in a stock 4 stroke.

There is no need for additional octane beyond what pump premium can provide, but that doesn't mean race fuels won't add power to a stock engine. It's just a question of whether it's worth the continuing expense to get 2 hp you may only actually need 5% of the time.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.