YZ450F Chain and Sprocket set

6 replies to this topic
  • sluggo lalanne

Posted September 18, 2007 - 05:07 PM

Ready to replace the front and rear sprocket and chain on my 04 YZ450F. Been surfing the net but was amazed at how many different combos there are.:thumbsup: Looking for a gold chain and sprockets if they exist for a little bling bling. Any recommendatons for a quality product would be appreciated. Thanks.:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted September 18, 2007 - 05:16 PM

Regina ORN6 chain
Tag or AFAM rear sprockets (aluminum) OR
Ironman (stainless)
Any good front sprocket.

• 450GN

Posted September 18, 2007 - 08:33 PM

i just ordered a complete renthal set for a friend of mine for 140$ i think for both sprockets and an O ring chain

but the sprockets are wearing pretty quick... glad they werent for me

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga450owner

Posted September 19, 2007 - 05:51 AM

Ready to replace the front and rear sprocket and chain on my 04 YZ450F. Been surfing the net but was amazed at how many different combos there are.:thumbsup: Looking for a gold chain and sprockets if they exist for a little bling bling. Any recommendatons for a quality product would be appreciated. Thanks.:thumbsup:

I use gold DID ERT2 non oring chains and Ironman SS sprockets(these are not gold but last the longest)

• todds924

Posted September 20, 2007 - 08:00 PM

I would avoid anything aluminum for a rear sprocket. They wear way to quick. I like the DID erv gold o-ring chains. A little pricey but its probably the only chain you'll ever need. I have over 140 hours on one and its still brand new. Thats with using steel sprockets.

• grayracer513

Posted September 21, 2007 - 07:27 AM

Not all aluminum sprockets are created equal. The reason I recommend Tag or AFAM (same thing, different label) is because they are hard anodized, and will out last a Renthal 3 or 4 to 1. The one on my '03 was put on in early '05. Likewise, the rear chain, a Regina ORN6, was installed at the same time. Both are still quite serviceable, although the sprocket will need replacement soon.

There is also the fact that the chain is one of the most free running sealed chains you can use, the Tag rear sprocket is very light, and each of these is about $60-70 apiece.

• SoundChaser

Posted September 21, 2007 - 02:48 PM

+1 for the Ironman sprockets !
These things last for ever.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.