Help! Rookie Question...

3 replies to this topic
  • tornado

Posted March 17, 2002 - 09:32 AM

Hi all, this may seem a rookie question for all of you but I notice black smoke coming out of the exhuast whenever I full throttle my '98 WR4. Is there something wrong with the bike or have I over-revv? Please enlighten. Thank you.

• Dodger

Posted March 18, 2002 - 07:34 AM

Could be time for new top end. Once the rings start to ware, they will allow some oil to get through and burn with the gas, thus the smoke :) !

Dodger

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ronin

Posted March 18, 2002 - 09:15 AM

she is probally just running rich, just make sure to check your oil level alot. In my past experience, black smoke is simply too much fuel, white/blue smoke is oil.

Later,
Ronin

• yamaha.dude

Posted March 18, 2002 - 10:47 PM

Exactly Ronin... white blue smoke is oil, and Black is too much fuel i.e. rich... try a smaller main jet...

David

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.