Twisted Forks--General Maint Question

3 replies to this topic
  • Kahuku Spoiled

Posted September 18, 2007 - 08:57 AM

Hi all,

Took my better half out on her brand new 07 WR250F and like a trooper she flipped it going up a hill (was proud of her since she made it to the top then over throttled just as she got there--still corked up too

Anyway, noticed the forks were slightly twisted...any concerns other than loosening bolts and straightening out? Thanks...Regards, KS

• Mutu

Posted September 18, 2007 - 10:26 AM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NavyNuke

Posted September 18, 2007 - 10:36 AM

nope had mine very twisted before. at least 10 degrees off straight at the bars. loosened the clamps, tugged it, and good as new. glad I had fatbars though. or woulda had some funky geometry at the handlebars.

• Kahuku Spoiled

Posted September 18, 2007 - 11:48 AM

Thanks gents, am on it right now....

As an aside, not much of a fact was doing the after break-in bolt torqueing thing and shredded the head off a rear disc brake bolt...guess I didn't set the torque wrench right! Anyway, 30 minutes later was able to get it out the backside using colorful :thumbsup: language without any damage to inside and learn!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.