What is involved in changing WR to YZ tank/seat combo

3 replies to this topic
  • Larry_Bond

Posted March 17, 2002 - 06:00 AM

Just wondering what all is involved in this process and how difficult it is to do.

• MOmilkman

Posted March 17, 2002 - 06:28 AM

Not really anything to it larry.

First off you get the 01 YZ tank for you WR, move all the hardware over to the YZ tank, mounting brackets, etc. and it should mount up exactly as the WR tank does currently.
As far as the seat goes, same thing, get a yz seat base, cover, and foam (unless you buy it all together) and slap that baby on.
Nothing to it.

On a difficulty factor of 1 to 10 (10 being the most difficult) I would say about a 2, mabye a 1.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • midlifecrisis426

Posted March 17, 2002 - 04:56 PM

I see that Clarke sells a combo yz tank sdg seat... it's here. http://www.clarkemfg...nt2/merchant.mv
I heard no complaints when i posted a question earlier about this set up... let me know how you like it if you go this route.

• couch

Posted March 18, 2002 - 03:27 PM

I have a '00 YZ 426 seat/tank combo that I would sell for $200. They are both in very good shape, the seat has a brand new cover on it. (stock)

E-mail me for pics if you're interested.

I also have a bunch of other stuff off the bike for sale.
parts thread

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: couch ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.