2007 Wr450f

5 replies to this topic
  • daniebrand

Posted September 18, 2007 - 12:33 AM

Just bought new wr450f, how long should i run in the motor, and exhaust options.

• N7SLC

Posted September 18, 2007 - 04:04 AM

Congrats on the new ride. You might get a better response to your questions
you post in the WR forum.

Oh, have you tried to jet that bike yet? :thumbsup:

• baha

Posted September 18, 2007 - 04:41 AM

Go to the forum, Everything you want to know is right there!
Look down to the right at Forum Jump, it is about 7/8 the way down.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ranger18

Posted September 18, 2007 - 06:29 AM

Everybody breaks in their bikes a little differently.
My dealer started the break in process on my YZF by running the bike until the radiator boiled over, then they shut it down. This is suppose to help everything seal up real nice. After that I followed the owners manual.:thumbsup:

• ccoates445

Posted September 18, 2007 - 10:11 AM

Everybody breaks in their bikes a little differently.
My dealer started the break in process on my YZF by running the bike until the radiator boiled over, then they shut it down. This is suppose to help everything seal up real nice. After that I followed the owners manual.:thumbsup:

I can't think of any reason for overheating a brand new engine:eek: :thumbsup: With over 25 years of building race motors and developing motor oils, I never would have considered anything like that. I recommend to get out there and be aggressive, but don't flog it. Also try not to hold any sustained revs or speeds for more than 5-10 seconds at a whack. Run a couple tanks of fuel thru her, change the oil and filter and have at it!:thumbsup:

• ksrrider

Posted September 18, 2007 - 08:22 PM

Put your bike on a stand, place a large box fan in front of it, let it idle for 15-20 min, shut it off for 15 min and repeat. Go out and ride for about an hour with varying speeds, then you can haul the mail.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.