No spark

3 replies to this topic
  • jackhillis

Posted September 17, 2007 - 09:17 PM

hi i previously posted a thread on my bike which was running sick, fixed the air filter it was over oiled, and the bike shop sold me the wrong one. so i sorted out that, and it still wont start. pulled out spark plug and held it against motor and there is no spark, i checked the fuses and there fine, can anyone help, ive had this bike a month and im severly stuck.

• BOBR

Posted September 18, 2007 - 03:17 PM

I must of missed it, but what type of bike is it.

I had the Coil go out on my 04' WR, it was just a bit out of specs but that turned out to be the problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jackhillis

Posted September 18, 2007 - 04:19 PM

hey yea sorry 03 Wr 450f, yea thats what i think too. if the battery is on the way out will it effect the spark? because the battery isnt holding its like either.

• ncampion

Posted September 18, 2007 - 08:00 PM

Spark is totally independant of the battery. Check the coil, CDI and trigger coil - in that order. Good luck. Oh... first rule out loose/bad connections.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.