My crushed Dr. D

4 replies to this topic
  • Bigcr

Posted September 17, 2007 - 03:53 PM

As I explained last week, I crushed my Dr. D. headpipe and bent up the silencer pretty good too. I sent them the silencer to see if they could fix it (the headpipe is beyond repair). The called me today and told me they could fix the silencer for $180 dollars (It needs a new midpipe welded in) and send me a new headpipe for another $180.

They guy on the phone (his name is Jahann) then says "Wow! It looks like you really didn't have much time on this, (Literally 40 min. of run time) can you hold for a minute?" He comes back to the phone a few minutes later and says, "This is your lucky day, I just talked to the boss and here are your new options: A) Go with the aforementioned plan for a total of $360.
OR
:thumbsup: Purchase one of our brand-new $650 systems for $320."

Guess which option I took. While I'm still spending a bit more than I hoped (hey, I can dream right?) I'm really happy with Dr. D's customer service. Everyone I have talked to there has been really nice and helpful.:thumbsup:

• mn519

Posted September 17, 2007 - 04:15 PM

As I explained last week, I crushed my Dr. D. headpipe and bent up the silencer pretty good too. I sent them the silencer to see if they could fix it (the headpipe is beyond repair). The called me today and told me they could fix the silencer for $180 dollars (It needs a new midpipe welded in) and send me a new headpipe for another $180.

They guy on the phone (his name is Jahann) then says "Wow! It looks like you really didn't have much time on this, (Literally 40 min. of run time) can you hold for a minute?" He comes back to the phone a few minutes later and says, "This is your lucky day, I just talked to the boss and here are your new options: A) Go with the aforementioned plan for a total of $360.
OR
:thumbsup: Purchase one of our brand-new $650 systems for $320."

Guess which option I took. While I'm still spending a bit more than I hoped (hey, I can dream right?) I'm really happy with Dr. D's customer service. Everyone I have talked to there has been really nice and helpful.:thumbsup:

Glad to hear it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted September 17, 2007 - 06:34 PM

I have dealt with Dubach racing since '03 and the customer service has always been great.

• grayracer513

Posted September 17, 2007 - 08:05 PM

There is no better way to build customer loyalty than that kind of customer service. I've known of only a handful of businesses that operate like that in different industries, but their customers just won't go anywhere else.

• gfmoto

Posted September 17, 2007 - 09:17 PM

Doug is a top notch rider and a great guy to deal with. His products are first rate and I've had nothing but good experiences with DR.D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.