2007 YZ Just got a New Pipe Should I??

5 replies to this topic
  • clutchless

Posted September 17, 2007 - 02:35 PM

Just got a Pro Circuit Ti 4 Slip on for my 2007 YZ.

I run twin air filters with No Toil filter oil.

Should i buy the JD Jet kit??

Or what do i need to change to get this to run right?

I would rather just change a few jets since i have a bunch laying around but i am not sure what i need to do. Everything in the carb is stock minus the quickshot and fuel screw.

I ride 0 -500 Feet Desert in So Cal. Low Humidity 70 - 90 Degrees.

Thanks!

• yz426em

Posted September 17, 2007 - 02:40 PM

The first thing you should do is put the exhaust system on your bike and ride it, all bike are diffrent you should really ride the bike and determine how it runs before adjusting the jetting. As far as the filter goes install the twin air they are great filters:ride:

• Ranger18

Posted September 18, 2007 - 07:05 AM

You shouldn't need to rejet. At the most you will need to adjust your air/fuel screw. What is your current jetting?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WB450

Posted September 18, 2007 - 07:21 AM

Check the "All YZ Jetting Thread" at the top, there is a ton of setups in there you may get some good info there.:thumbsup:

• IDAHOBALLER

Posted September 18, 2007 - 01:11 PM

You might have to go up one size on the main jet, but the needle and pilot should be fine and you will most likely have to mess with the air/fuel screw a little.

• clutchless

Posted September 18, 2007 - 02:39 PM

http://www.procircui...m/PCJETTING.htm

In case anyone else has the same set up:

Main: 165
Pilot: 42
Needle: NFPP Pos: 4 from top
Mixture Screw: 2 Turns

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.