Hand Guards/Bark Busters for XR650L

7 replies to this topic
  • jonr3

Posted September 17, 2007 - 05:55 AM

I've searched the forums for info and am now more confused that ever.:thumbsup:

I'm looking for the metal-reinforced hand guards / Bark Busters to fit my XR650L with Renthal CR High Bends. I ride a lot of tight trails with trees and BIG rocks so I want the wrap around type to keep from breaking my levers (and hands) in case I get a little too close or drop it. Also, there are a lot of thorn bushes so I would like a large surface area. Any suggestions?

• Suikerland

Posted September 17, 2007 - 06:38 AM

I just got a set of Barkbusters - that's an Australian brand name.
These have a billet aluminium bar, with an plastic guard that goes on. Plastic guard is removable, I ride with only the alu bar.
Very impressed with quality. Bar is thick and plastic is very rigid. Don't know if u can get them in the US.

They come like this: Posted Image

and on the bike, without plastics - I mount my turn signals on them with cable ties...:thumbsup: :
Posted Image

• Denn10

Posted September 17, 2007 - 07:51 AM

these are reinforced with an aluminum piece, ive seen them at cycle gear they look really nice and stout.

http://www.cyclegear...32505&tier2=119

• YetiX

Posted September 17, 2007 - 08:11 AM

I have the ones from Moose on my bike and they're great. Strong aluminum bars with fairly big fairings. I got the medium fairings but they have larger ones too. If you want a picture let me know.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • COAL RUN

Posted September 17, 2007 - 08:28 AM

The Cycra are the nicest ones I have seen but not the chepest. I am using the Acerbis gaurds that do not have the aluminum bar inside, they have done ther job many times but if I were to get another set the would be the Cycra. I have a few friends that run the Cycra guards & they can take a lot of abuse & look nice on the bike to.

Here is a link http://www.rockymoun...odFamilyId=9532

• jonr3

Posted September 17, 2007 - 09:38 AM

I have the ones from Moose on my bike and they're great. Strong aluminum bars with fairly big fairings. I got the medium fairings but they have larger ones too. If you want a picture let me know.

YetiX,

Pictures would be great! Thanks!

• MellonHead

Posted September 17, 2007 - 05:22 PM

Anyone using the Acerbis dualsport rally handguards? As opposed to wiring your turn signals to your bar it looks like a better way to go?

• Whiteman

Posted September 17, 2007 - 06:26 PM

The Cycra hand guards with bonz mounts seem to be the best set up I have found. Stay away from bar mounts if you can, I am not a fan and have seen them spin and cut the front brake line... That would suck on any given Sunday...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.