need taller bars!!

16 replies to this topic
  • Suikerland

Posted September 17, 2007 - 02:42 AM

XR650R, using Scotts triple clamp and Scotts damper so I can't change my risers. But I need more height on my bars - lots more.

Currently using Pro Taper Evo Windham RM. These are already quite tall.
Any suggestions for taller 1" bars?

Thanks

• Denn10

Posted September 17, 2007 - 07:52 AM

ive read on here before about a Pastrana bend that was really tall.

• martinfan30

Posted September 17, 2007 - 08:46 AM

ive read about certain atv bars that are good for this.

• walshdanielm1965

Posted September 17, 2007 - 09:14 AM

XR650R, using Scotts triple clamp and Scotts damper so I can't change my risers. But I need more height on my bars - lots more.

Currently using Pro Taper Evo Windham RM. These are already quite tall.
Any suggestions for taller 1" bars?

Thanks

Here is a web site that list all the bar heights. I am 6'3" & went with the RTT stabilizer because of this reason.

http://www.rockymoun...06FAC.westring2

• Suikerland

Posted September 17, 2007 - 09:23 AM

Anyone know where I can order longer throttle cables for XR650R?

Thanks

• Denn10

Posted September 17, 2007 - 10:19 AM

how much are you gonna raise it? you may not go that high so you can get some extra reach outta the stock cables. Martin put on risers see if he had to get new cables. MARTIN......

• martinfan30

Posted September 17, 2007 - 10:27 AM

yeah with my 2" risers they came with new MP cables. i didnt try the stock ones though. dont know if i still have the part numbers, i'll look.

• Suikerland

Posted September 17, 2007 - 10:28 AM

i have Scotts triple clamps with a bit of rise, and and Acerbis Sahara tank, that takes a bit of slack out of the cables. Then also they have to be routed round the dipstick mount of my Scotts damper. Cables are at their max, and I want to put on taller bars, so I need a few more inches.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • philipstjohn

Posted September 17, 2007 - 11:38 AM

ive read on here before about a Pastrana bend that was really tall.

Check out my garage... I have just installed the Pastrana Bars, and I am still running the stock cables. I have the BRP triples, with the standard rise. I am 6'3", and these are much nicer then the CR Mids that came with the bike.

• Suikerland

Posted September 17, 2007 - 04:18 PM

thanks, Pastana bars are what I'm getting. I'll give it a try with stock cables.
Where did you get the black stickers for the side and front number plates?

• philipstjohn

Posted September 17, 2007 - 06:07 PM

thanks, Pastana bars are what I'm getting. I'll give it a try with stock cables.
Where did you get the black stickers for the side and front number plates?

The numberplate backgrounds are from N-style, pre cut for XR650R'S. In the photos, the bike is in Dual Sport trim, with a Baja Designs Quick release kit on, but I removed the BD's white front plate sticker and made a custom black sticker for the front plate to match the side plates. (The stock front plate is different in size from the BD'S front plate) You can also buy sheets of the material and custom cut the plates if you want, as I did with the front BD'S plate.

• Shinyboat

Posted September 17, 2007 - 06:21 PM

I got the Tusk T-10 Aluminum Handlebar ATV Sport Bend Red bars and love them. They are the tallest AL bars with minimal sweep. Its a 6.25" rise. They were cheap, but I liked them better than my $90 DeMarrini double wall. They don't transfer near as much vibration.

I am 6'4" and still looking for another inch or two so I may also do risers.

• Suikerland

Posted September 17, 2007 - 06:48 PM

I got the Tusk T-10 Aluminum Handlebar ATV Sport Bend Red bars and love them. They are the tallest AL bars with minimal sweep. Its a 6.25" rise. They were cheap, but I liked them better than my $90 DeMarrini double wall. They don't transfer near as much vibration.

I am 6'4" and still looking for another inch or two so I may also do risers.

do you have a link or a supplier for the Tusk bars?

• philipstjohn

Posted September 18, 2007 - 03:45 AM

do you have a link or a supplier for the Tusk bars?

Rocky Mountian sells the Tusk line....

http://www.rockymoun...dFamilyId=12330

• Denn10

Posted September 18, 2007 - 08:07 AM

over 6 inch rise is ALOT i dont see how anyone can ride with bars that big on a bike, quad i can see.

• bcass77

Posted January 25, 2008 - 08:44 AM

Does the pro-taper "cr high" bend have less sweep than the junk stock bars?

• bcass77

Posted January 26, 2008 - 07:13 PM

Anybody???

I just got a new "leftover" 2005 650R and am looking at getting a new clamp/bar setup. I'm going to get the full BRP triple clamp combo (not the sub mount) and am trying to decide which bars to get with it. I'm between the pro-taper CR High or the Windham. They're only a few millimeters different so perhaps I'm being to picky. The Windham is a bit taller and straighter. I'm coming off a 2003 YZ250 and am 6ft tall and a pretty aggressive rider. Thanks for any advice. Brian

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.