Race Tech

3 replies to this topic
  • Woodzi

Posted March 16, 2002 - 02:33 PM

I am installing Gold Valves in my shock and fork. They are recommending lighter springs at the front and stiffer at the back. I felt the stock front springs were already too soft and the back about right, so I didn't order the springs. Anyone tried them with/without the recommended springs?

• motoman393

Posted March 16, 2002 - 02:36 PM

You need to be more specific for someone to give you an accurate answer! What is your weight, riding abilities, type of riding, etc, etc! Later,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Woodzi

Posted March 17, 2002 - 04:31 AM

6'3" 180lb Intermediate. All kinds of riding from motocross to tight trails. I like my suspension a bit on the stiff side to handle the MX. Stock, the forks are a bit soft. That's why I don't want to go to the softer springs that Race Tech is recommending.

• T.Frame

Posted March 19, 2002 - 04:10 PM

I'm not sure where Race Tech gets their specs but at 6-3 and 180# for any kind of medium moto. you will need heavier springs, both ends. Especially using Race Tech Gold valves which will let the bike run through the stroke, to easy, in my opinion.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.