Yammie Striking First??

5 replies to this topic
  • Cobalt650

Posted September 15, 2007 - 04:34 PM

Yamaha just announced a dual sport, EFI version of its WR250F, the WR250R. http://www.yamaha-mo...595/0/home.aspx
If the WR450F/R is next, that would be one sweet ride. Come onnnnnnn, Honda:applause:

• frogman

Posted September 15, 2007 - 04:46 PM

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

• bosshog

Posted September 15, 2007 - 05:43 PM

Too small but atleast they're trying, alot better than the weak attempt with the CRF230. It's a far better offering than the XT225 off road. So any step is a positive one I suppose.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HawkGT

Posted September 16, 2007 - 10:38 AM

I guess I'm still a "Honda guy". It's getting harder to remain that way though. I'm tired of thinking, why won't Honda sell me something like that. And guess what--that something is frequently a Yamaha.

That thought sorta cuts both ways. I still want a Honda, but they just aren't building the machines I want.

Honda's brand equity is very strong. But it's not infallible. Yamaha has come a long way in all areas of motorsport over the last 10 or 15 years. Honda better get with it or Yamaha is gonna steal me away.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted September 16, 2007 - 05:15 PM

I guess I'm still a "Honda guy". It's getting harder to remain that way though. I'm tired of thinking, why won't Honda sell me something like that. And guess what--that something is frequently a Yamaha.

That thought sorta cuts both ways. I still want a Honda, but they just aren't building the machines I want.

Honda's brand equity is very strong. But it's not infallible. Yamaha has come a long way in all areas of motorsport over the last 10 or 15 years. Honda better get with it or Yamaha is gonna steal me away.

I agree with much of your post, and can claim similarly.

I'm not really a "quad guy", but they are fun, and I wanted something for ya-ya's, dunes, and power to spare. So I have a 2007 700R. Honda didn't have what I wanted, so I bought what Yamaha made.

I am now looking for a new dirt bike. I am torn between the WR450 and CRF450. They are both worthy machines.

To sum it up for me, I am a Honda guy, but the big 4 (or 5 if you bring in KTM) all make good things. Pick one, ride, and grin. :thumbsup:

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted September 16, 2007 - 05:32 PM

Yamaha just announced a dual sport, EFI version of its WR250F, the WR250R. http://www.yamaha-mo...595/0/home.aspx
If the WR450F/R is next, that would be one sweet ride. Come onnnnnnn, Honda:applause:

Great news---gotta love it when manufacturers listen to consumer wants.

I'd like to see the 450/? be next.

One raised eyebrow, though...the 250 seems weightier than I'd have guessed (and wet is going to get it close to just shy of 300lbs):
Dry Weight 276 lb (CA 278 lb)

Oh, well...it's a good sign, period. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.