How to carry some oil?

4 replies to this topic
  • Dickie

Posted September 15, 2007 - 12:43 PM

Ok so my pig likes to eat a little oil from time to time...especially when it's hot out. I am going on a long trip tomorrow so I was considering bringing a small funnel and a half quart or so along just in case. Does anyone have a suggestion on what type of container I should use? Something that will save space i.e. not the entire quart and will not leak.
-Thanks

• axarob44

Posted September 15, 2007 - 01:05 PM

One of those nalgene bottles would work. They are made from a Lexan material and the lids don't leak. And they are cheap at any of the outdoors type stores.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tjmiller

Posted September 16, 2007 - 08:52 AM

They make 8 ounce water bottles that I've filled with oil before just to have a smaller bottle. As far as filling, I then use one of those spouts that come with gear oil bottles. It will fit the water bottle (they also fit a regular oil bottle too).

• xr650l bum

Posted September 16, 2007 - 09:07 AM

Get the smallest gatorade bottle. They now make very small ones for kids and such. They are thick plastic and hold up well. To save space I carry some scrap laminated cardboard that I can roll up into a funnel.

• Dickie

Posted September 16, 2007 - 10:34 AM

All good ideas, thanks.
I ended up using a small Evan Williams 750ml bottle, wrapped in a beer koozie to prevent breakage, it works for now.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.