WR or CRF?

11 replies to this topic
  • pkfloyd

Posted September 14, 2007 - 06:49 PM

i was thinking about a crf450x but then i saw the wr450f. i was just thinking what are the similarities and differences. some people say the 450x is high performance and high matenence is this true with the wr450. and i heard the 450x eats valves, does the wr have the same problem. what one is faster and the most powerfull. thanks for the help.

• Steve ROC

Posted September 14, 2007 - 07:34 PM

WR for sure. They aren't as stuffed up as they used to be and when un plugged, they're pretty fast. The WR can take a litle more abuse than the CFRX. Your money though. How about a Husqvarna TXC 450?

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 14, 2007 - 08:22 PM

There is a wealth of info regarding this topic, please search.

You know which one I prefer :thumbsup:

• NavyNuke

Posted September 15, 2007 - 06:29 AM

what color do you like better? thats about it, the rest can be adjusted with bars ect. sit on both, they are both good bikes, which one gives you that warm I wanna ride crave more than the other?

• Steve ROC

Posted September 15, 2007 - 08:17 AM

what color do you like better? thats about it, the rest can be adjusted with bars ect. sit on both, they are both good bikes, which one gives you that warm I wanna ride crave more than the other?

I hear that man, but even now a days, just having a dealer that will help you out, even if you're not a racer is hard to find. Up where I am, there are so many shops in this province that rather sell you a bike, and as long as it goes out the door, they don't care. Suspension, mechanical, jetting, whatever- they just don't care to help, but they try to sell you a bunch of crap you don't need. Green, Blue, Red, Orange or whatever color you want to ride, find a good dealer and go from there.

• pkfloyd

Posted September 15, 2007 - 09:33 AM

yea thanks for the help. i aways have been partial to red

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chevytrkn1

Posted September 15, 2007 - 10:45 AM

Ive always been red, Tell now. Did alot of research at the two same bikes your looking at and after it all bought 07 wr 450. Once you do a few of the inexpensive mods it runs great. handling and the way it feels is awsome. If your short legged like me thats the only downside. But thats a problem on all newer big bikes.

• pkfloyd

Posted September 15, 2007 - 12:38 PM

What bike between the wr450f and crf450x has the most power, speed, handaling, and reliability? And I know the crf450x has a wide ratio gear box, but does the wr have one also or is it a close ratio? Thanks for any help.

• clark4131

Posted September 15, 2007 - 01:31 PM

WR = Wide Ratio :thumbsup:

You really need to do some research bro. Type the following into the search engine...

wr AND crf

Gracias...SC

• NavyNuke

Posted September 15, 2007 - 05:47 PM

search, topic on this yesterday too, and last week, and the week before, ect.

btw WR= Wide Ratio

the one you spend more money upgrading will be faster, beter buy depends on you hagling skills, and reliable depends on regular maintance

• Solo

Posted September 15, 2007 - 07:40 PM

This should help things out some.

The WRF is to the YZF
like the CRF-X is to the CRF-R.

One pair is blue (unless you get the SE model) the other is red.

I hear CRFs turn better but eat valves. WRFs take a lickin and keep tickin but need to be dialed in to turn better.

• MaxPower

Posted September 16, 2007 - 08:35 AM

[COLOR="Green"]you come to the WR forum to ask your question. You may get a biased answer,you think?[/COLOR]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.