Best exhaust for wr 426

6 replies to this topic
  • maxtherat

Posted September 15, 2007 - 08:53 AM

I am currently running a fmf q pipe and I really like how quiet it is but I want an exhaust that does not stick out so far. Has anyone seen a silencer that is more tucked in, like the newer 4 strokes, but is still some what quiet? I had the fmf ti 4 on my 02 crf 450 w/ the quiet core and that was about as short of an exhaust that I could put on that bike so maybe that's still the best choice.

• Dano426

Posted September 18, 2007 - 11:16 AM

The old 5 valve 426s are some what louder than the new YZFs and there is no way you will find a shorter exhaust that will keep it at or under 96db. The FMF Q is best pipe for any 426!

• bigdrtrdr

Posted September 18, 2007 - 02:58 PM

The old 5 valve 426s are some what louder than the new YZFs and there is no way you will find a shorter exhaust that will keep it at or under 96db. The FMF Q is best pipe for any 426!

Q2 and a Stainless PowerBomb header will keep that noisy bike at about 93db.

Thats what I run.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • maxtherat

Posted September 18, 2007 - 07:52 PM

Is the Q2 any shorter that the original Q? Again, it's too bad that there is not a Ti Q for that bike. There is room to make a shorter muffler if the mid pipe end of it had some sort of taper to tuck it in lower. I would settle for 96 db and repack it monthly.

• spc mike

Posted September 18, 2007 - 07:59 PM

you can just stay with your muffler that you have now and just cut about 3 inches of the end then re-rivet your end cap on, this will make it tuck better and a little louder at the same time.:thumbsup:

• Dano426

Posted September 19, 2007 - 05:21 AM

you can just stay with your muffler that you have now and just cut about 3 inches of the end then re-rivet your end cap on, this will make it tuck better and a little louder at the same time.:thumbsup:

The FMF Q has a internal chamber for sound damping. If you cut that out you will be defeating the whole point.

• byggd

Posted September 19, 2007 - 06:14 AM

I don't know but if you want to sell your Q let me know!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.