Radiator "hot water return line" ?

1 reply to this topic
  • Scottjay69

Posted September 14, 2007 - 10:08 PM

I have an 2000 WR400F and was wondering which radiator line is considered the "Upper Hot Water Return? I purchased an engine coolant cooler and the directions are VERY adamant on installing it in this exact possition. I can't tell from the owners manual which raditator hose is the "hot" and which one is the Cold. Can you help?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Dave

Posted September 15, 2007 - 04:39 AM

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that the right side rad fills the water pump , the pump forces flow through the jug around the cylinder, and then the heated coolant goes out the front hose to the left rad at the bottom and across the top crossover hose and back down the right rad to repeat the cycle. If i remember, correctly, checking a while back the left rad heats up before the right side one. WR Dave.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.