1-industries "Hurricane" kit

15 replies to this topic
  • c-man

Posted September 14, 2007 - 05:02 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows if the shroud graphics for the "Hurricane" kit actually have yellow in the graphics (sticker portion) or is it just a black and white graphic that goes on the yellow shroud. I cannot tell from pictures :thumbsup: in the catalogs. I am looking to do just the black and white graphics on white plastic like some have done with the 06' LE shroud graphics, and I don't want to get the hurricane shroud graphics if they actually have yellow in the sticker.

Thanks boys!

C

• Macsplace

Posted September 14, 2007 - 06:54 PM

Yes there is yellow in the graphics. I would suggest a company such as Decal Works could make some custom graphics for you. Good luck and when your project is complete post a picture.

• grayracer513

Posted September 14, 2007 - 08:55 PM

Cut the yellow out. The factory Hurricane graphics (or any other OEM YZ graphics) don't cover the entire shroud, anyway.

• swatdoc

Posted September 14, 2007 - 09:08 PM

Look at the graphic again real close - for the 06-08 yz450f's, the white area of the graphic fades to yellow at the front, so you would have to trim off nearly the whole graphic to eliminate all the yellow. wouldn't look too good IMHO.
I think it would be better to go with the OEm SE graphics, or just have a company make you up some custom ones. Dirt Digits has been great for me - I only used the one industries decals for my shrouds - everything else on my bikeis custom from DD.

• swatdoc

Posted September 14, 2007 - 09:12 PM

few pics to show what DD has done for me

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• MotoXT

Posted September 15, 2007 - 04:23 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've never been a big fan of the yellow yami's, but this is one of the sickest bikes I've ever seen. Incredible:thumbsup:

• mike_dean

Posted September 15, 2007 - 05:48 AM

I guess I'm old school, but I think all Yamahas should be yellow, and they don't show scratches as bad either. Mike

Great looking Supermoto

• greentyler

Posted September 15, 2007 - 09:38 AM

hey swatdoc, this is probably a stupid question, but what are those things hanging off the back of your axle blocks, and out of your front axle?

are they pavement scrapers or something?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastest1

Posted September 15, 2007 - 12:02 PM

Frame and axle sliders:thumbsup: . They protect the bike as it sliding across the pavement:cry: . They help too!

• rm125ridwe

Posted September 15, 2007 - 12:16 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sweet bike, did you run out of money and could afford leaver and grips? lol

• swatdoc

Posted September 15, 2007 - 01:24 PM

Thanks guys

rm125 - ha - still have a little money left, but it's dwindling fast! lol

the bike is an ongoing project - hopefully up and running in a week or two. If you look close you'l see alot of things still missing!

• neokinetiks

Posted September 20, 2007 - 10:53 AM

That thing looks more like a show bike.
I would not want to ride it after the transformation.

• spooledUP7

Posted September 20, 2007 - 07:50 PM

Your bike is sick!

• UnBubba

Posted September 20, 2007 - 08:43 PM

sweet bike, did you run out of money and could afford leaver and grips? lol

Did you run out of money for a dictionary?

• matfoo426

Posted September 21, 2007 - 03:39 AM

Do they do this kit for a 00 426F?

I like the monster energy rad stickers

• swatdoc

Posted September 21, 2007 - 05:28 AM

yes they list the kit for the 00 thru 02 as well

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.