Removing stem from lower triple clamp?

1 reply to this topic
  • TeamScream

Posted March 12, 2002 - 03:18 PM

Is the hole in the lower triple clamp where the stem presses in tapered? or is it just a standard through hole? I need to press my stem out for some work and possible replacement of the lower triple clamp and I want to do it the right way. Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted March 16, 2002 - 05:36 PM

If I remember, it is not tapered, but it doesn't matter. There is only one way to press the stem out or in. Support the bottom of the clamp (around but not under the stem) and press down on the top of the stem. This will press the stem out of the bearing and clamp at the same time. When pressing in, flip it over and support the bearing. Press the bottom of the stem down into the clamp and bearing at the same time. Be careful not to gouge the stem.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.