Where to find a switch for Grey Wire Mod

3 replies to this topic
  • jams229

Posted September 14, 2007 - 04:28 AM


Does anybody know what kind of switch I need to buy
(and where I can buy it) to do the grey wire mod?
I like the idea of being able to switch from plugged-in mode
to unplugged mode with a switch. (I know you have to turn
the bike off prior to making the switch each time.)
In the technical and sloppy stuff, the bike makes much better
usable power with the grey wire plugged in.
Thanks a lot.

  • eissinger4

Posted September 14, 2007 - 05:06 AM


I have done the mod you're talking about, and this is the switch I have. Quick install, and works great....Tucker -Rocky has a similar switch for around $20. Gotta go through a parts dealer for that one, though.


Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jams229

Posted September 14, 2007 - 08:13 AM



  • mbelperio

Posted October 08, 2007 - 06:24 AM


I used a Yamaha Handlebar Mounter Headlight switch for off-road.
It is a single pole single throw switch(i.e. on-off)
In the off positioin grey wire is open and in the on position grey wire is closed.


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.