Yzf 426 crank sprocket. Do I have problem or not. Pics.

15 replies to this topic
  • kubamtx

Posted September 13, 2007 - 01:00 PM

Hello
The continuation of my thread but now I only need your opinion. I don't have much experience with 426 so please tell me. Is this crank sprocket good or bad and what do you think how many hours does it have.

Posted Image

http://www3.speedysh.../21127413/1.jpg

• kubamtx

Posted September 13, 2007 - 01:05 PM

I now that I have to change the chain. It started wearing teeth heads so I'll instal new one tomorrow.

• Butta

Posted September 13, 2007 - 01:18 PM

Would love to help, but can't see the pix....anyone else??

• kubamtx

Posted September 13, 2007 - 01:27 PM

I don't know why it heppens that you can't see the pics and I see them directly in the thread...hmm now you are able to click the link so it should work now at least in two ways

• WB450

Posted September 13, 2007 - 01:47 PM

Negitive, no worky.

• kubamtx

Posted September 13, 2007 - 01:57 PM

it drives me crazy...
you have to use the link and then click "1" to see the picture. If it doesn't work I don't know what is wrong.
Try this :
http://www.speedysha.../690254716.html

• stroker yz426

Posted September 13, 2007 - 02:03 PM

it does look like it has some wear....the sprocket in my 00 looks just like that....but i fried my rod bearing big end and the woodriff key has been moving in its slot on the crank so i have to replace the left crank half:foul: as for your i would say you could probally just get away with a new chain if yours is bad....

• stroker yz426

Posted September 13, 2007 - 02:05 PM

but if you need info just wait for "grayracer513" hes a walking yz "encyclopediabriyamaica" hell know if your shows signs of too much wear and hell probally post a response to this as well...he keeps his eyes open for us yz guys...like a big bro of sorts ...it gets costly to replace that half of the crank...and its a lenghty process too...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 13, 2007 - 02:12 PM

Sprocket looks fine to me. :thumbsup:

• USED YZ426F

Posted September 13, 2007 - 02:23 PM

Hello
The continuation of my thread but now I only need your opinion. I don't have much experience with 426 so please tell me. Is this crank sprocket good or bad and what do you think how many hours does it have.

Posted Image

http://www3.speedysh.../21127413/1.jpg

The sprocket looks a little worn in the picture, but I don't think that is needs to be replaced. Can you feel any ridges along the teeth with your fingers? If not, then you should be good to go on the sprocket.

• stroker yz426

Posted September 13, 2007 - 02:28 PM

The sprocket looks a little worn in the picture, but I don't think that is needs to be replaced. Can you feel any ridges along the teeth with your fingers? If not, then you should be good to go on the sprocket.

well its good that it doesnt need to be replaced...replacing the left half of the crank is costly

• grayracer513

Posted September 13, 2007 - 02:36 PM

You can see "little ridges", but not enough to matter.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted September 13, 2007 - 05:03 PM

IMO it looks ok! and doesnt seem to be worn any,the chain also looks to be in good condition. I have a 06 yz450f with 47 hours on it and the only thing I have done to it is change the oil (amsoil MCF 10w-40w) and clean the filter after every ride (No-Toil filter and use the No-Toil oil,cleaner and grease) The bike runs great!

• 642MX

Posted September 13, 2007 - 06:56 PM

Sprocket looks fine to me. :thumbsup:

I agree. My sprocket looks about the same.

• kubamtx

Posted September 13, 2007 - 11:52 PM

Thanks for answers. Now I'm happy to change the chain only. The chain is tight but I don't know when it has been changed so I'll change it. Maybe the noise'll go away.
Grayracer513 do you remember my shavings from previous post?
I found another one in magneto and now I now for 100% that it was one one tooth from locing washer on the clutch hub.
As I found everythink in magneto and nothing in oil and filter I think that everything else is ok.

• grayracer513

Posted September 14, 2007 - 05:48 AM

do you remember my shavings from previous post?
I found another one in magneto and now I now for 100% that it was one one tooth from locing washer on the clutch hub.
As I found everythink in magneto and nothing in oil and filter I think that everything else is ok.

As long as you believe you know the source of the fragments, and those parts are in good shape now, you can run it if you feel comfortable with it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.