Exhaust: GYTR insert vs. Open Pipe

1 reply to this topic
  • Maddeh

Posted September 13, 2007 - 12:06 PM

I have an 02 WR426. I run the stock exhaust with the pea shooter removed, which makes it really loud but awesome power. I bought the GYTR insert in an attempt to quiet it down, only $40 why not.

I am a jetting noob but I realize I probably need to change the jetting to make it work properly. When I tested the insert without any carb modification, I loved how much quieter the bike was but the power was screwed. The bottom end felt like a stock XR400, very sluggish and slow to rev. It had what felt like a misfire in the middle. The top end was still nice, felt the same as before.

My question is, will jetting it properly keep the power the same as w/o the insert, or will I be sacrificing some power still?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ez__rider

Posted September 13, 2007 - 04:26 PM

my '03 450 runs with stock exhaust. I bought it without the stock insert, and a friend had a GYTR insert for me. The bike seems to run fine here in MI with it. a few of the free mods are done... just not the grey wire one. I don't feel the bike is choked at all, but I'm still a "noob" so the power it has now is plenty for me. in a few years I may desire more, so I look forward to that!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.