NJ/NYC Mechanics

6 replies to this topic
  • ezl_oo

Posted September 13, 2007 - 10:20 AM

Does anyone know of some good Performance Tuning shops in Northern NJ or NYC area? Where they do jetting, carbs, and valve jobs? I want to take my bike 2001 XR650L to be checked out. A couple of shops around me don't mess with these bikes or they don't do work to customized bikes. :thumbsup: :ride:

• Richie B

Posted September 13, 2007 - 03:16 PM

Does anyone know of some good Performance Tuning shops in Northern NJ or NYC area? Where they do jetting, carbs, and valve jobs? I want to take my bike 2001 XR650L to be checked out. A couple of shops around me don't mess with these bikes or they don't do work to customized bikes. :thumbsup: :ride:

manks on rt 46 in dover.. i know a guy that works there he knows his sutff. other then that theres a few bike repair shops on (once again) rt 46 in rockaway/denville. there street bike shops but im sure htey know they're way around most motorcycles

• ezl_oo

Posted September 14, 2007 - 04:43 AM

Do you know a exact address so I can maybe take my bike there this weekend?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Richie B

Posted September 15, 2007 - 07:03 AM

Do you know a exact address so I can maybe take my bike there this weekend?

i cant find the address right now ill ask my brother for there number and PM it to u

• DelTronXR

Posted September 15, 2007 - 09:23 AM

Just a little off the topic, but I have to ask. I was in NYC earlier this week and I'm really thinking about relocating there next year. What's the riding like? How far from Manhattan would I have to go to get some action? I know it's nothing like the deserts of So Cal, but opportunities are going to be knockin' that I may not be able to turn down.:thumbsup:

• ezl_oo

Posted September 15, 2007 - 09:49 AM

DeltronXr, as far as dirt or trail riding you may have to take some trips to upstate NY or Pennsylvania which would be anywhere from 90 minute to 120 minute drive. But if your talking about riding the streets with a supermoto or sportbike, it's a blast and you will like it alot. Also I think there is a lot of tracks (dirt, supermoto, sportbike) in Englishtown, NJ which is about 45 minutes from manhattan and a lot people go there to race and ride!

Richie B, if you can pm me that # I would appreciate it. Thanks

• Richie B

Posted September 15, 2007 - 08:43 PM

Just a little off the topic, but I have to ask. I was in NYC earlier this week and I'm really thinking about relocating there next year. What's the riding like? How far from Manhattan would I have to go to get some action? I know it's nothing like the deserts of So Cal, but opportunities are going to be knockin' that I may not be able to turn down.:thumbsup:

theres random spots throughout morris county.. 30 minutes away.. if u know where to look. if u ever relocate give me a PM and ill help u out more. other then that there english town, chatsworth, and a buncha places just over the delaware and up in NY. ull be fine dirt wise. and i know of some sweet places for a sumo or streetbike (although im no where near old enough to ride one ha)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.