YZ 400 Leak at Coolant Pipe, Need Parts

4 replies to this topic
  • onecolumbyte

Posted September 13, 2007 - 07:39 AM

My '99 YZ400 is leaking coolant at the coolant pipe right behind the header tube. I thought the hose might be cracked (or god forbid the little coolant Y pipe). After searching I see that there's also an o-ring down there where the pipe enters the block.

My problem is this, I'm supposed to leave for a big riding trip Tomorrow. How do I get this fixed by then? and with only 1 trip to the dealer? Any chance they have these parts in stock? Is there any where I can find the right size coolant hose and/or o-ring except at the dealer? Flame away if you want about being unprepared but this is the problem I got.

Talk about bench racing, how bout bench wrenching! I'm here at work and all I can think about is how to fix my bike, at home 15 miles away.

• grayracer513

Posted September 13, 2007 - 07:47 AM

I'm here at work and all I can think about is how to fix my bike, at home 15 miles away.

I'm feelin' that. :thumbsup:

If you can't get that O-ring (PN 93210-16500-00) from the dealer, try the nearby Tru-Value Hardware store.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PatrickM

Posted September 13, 2007 - 11:14 AM

i would just carry some extra fluid and fill it as you need it.....If i were you i would wait and replace all the inner seals and parts of the water pump. I say that the waterpump will get worse (my got worse after finishing a long day of riding)

the repair is very easy. it just take lots of time and the removal of the right side crankcase cover.

Good luck getting it fixed!!!!

Patrick M.

• onecolumbyte

Posted September 13, 2007 - 11:59 AM

Greyracer, THANK YOU. Haven't got to try the part in my bike yet (still at work) but the parts department actually had it in stock. That has NEVER happened before. I'm certain it was because I asked by part number. Any parts request that starts "I have a '99 YZ400..." is doomed to failure.

Patrick,

I don't think it's leaking from the waterpump weep hole. But you're difintely right and I will carry some coolant.

• grayracer513

Posted September 13, 2007 - 12:33 PM

...the parts department actually had it in stock. That has NEVER happened before.

God knows what all else it fits...

:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.