Xr's Only order

46 replies to this topic
  • BWB63

Posted September 13, 2007 - 04:14 PM

I don't know where you get 5 or 6 people posting the samething. There are hundreds of different post from different people on at least 5 or 6 different threads about XR's Only but, you knew that being you have been on this forum for quite sometime. There will be another company to take there place maybe growing up as we speak. There is a lot of stuff to be sold to all those that bought bikes in this last bike craze that is slowing down. I have delt with XR's only sense 1986. Barnum did one of my bikes, I think it was close to then when he worked for Al Baker. Jimmy SOnes was the best of the best and knew how to make the place work but, now it has a silly internet buisness that is hopelessly lost. This comes up over and over and there are very few other places that ever get blasted on the forum. They seem to get all the negitive feedback. Then one of the managers or workers come on here to defend them....usualy first post because they forgot their password.

• crashmeout666

Posted September 13, 2007 - 04:27 PM

Funny you say that! I know Rob and deal with him quite a bit. Again as a rider I have better things to do (RIDE) in stead of play on the comp!! Pass word has been the same just dont feel the need to dork out on the comp!!! Nice talking to you too. Not really.

• crashmeout666

Posted September 13, 2007 - 04:27 PM

Jimmy? Haa!!

• crashmeout666

Posted September 13, 2007 - 04:28 PM

Where is he now?????????????

• BWB63

Posted September 13, 2007 - 07:19 PM

Well, Mr. Sones is doing real well. Lives in a nice house up near the end of Mountain View. He just finished a nice addition to his shop. He was doing something with Malcolm Smith for a while there but, I haven't talk to 'Jimmy' for about a year. Last I heard he was with Jamie Lanari in Baja for the 500. He raced the 2006 Baja 1000; first place Ironman Pro 22 class, I think that was 10th in class 22 pro. Always been a top notch rider. One of the best, nicest, most helpful, giving racers I know. Gives the sport a good name. Makes and sells exhaust for Goldwings, carried on his dad's work after he passed on.

Always leaves a good word of others, which earned it:

http://www.mag7race.com/

like most of us he is getting up there in age and taking care of his family is his number one priority.

What's your Name? I'll let him know you asked about him.

Funny you say that! I know Rob and deal with him quite a bit. Again as a rider I have better things to do (RIDE) in stead of play on the comp!! Pass word has been the same just dont feel the need to dork out on the comp!!! Nice talking to you too. Not really.

Hey, wasn't trying to get pissy with you, just letting you know that XR's Only has been a big problem for quite a few years here. There is a thread that has a run down of all the bad XR's Only thread. You link to some and there is 1000 post! It is about 50% bad phone/internet problems and of those it is a lot of not telling the truth of what is really in stock. Seems the drive up window does a much better job of giving out good service. It seems not to be an issue with them and the idea that it is normal for a small business to run this way might have a lot to do with the never ending postings of some un-happy customer, ranting? The thing is now some of the guys that said, “they make good stuff, give them a chance" are now getting burnt. They can listen to the ranting and learn or it will hurt their business. Either way sooner or later it will get fixed.

• scalejockey

Posted September 13, 2007 - 07:34 PM

I was a little put off by the last time i ordered something.I wanted it sent to a different place as not to the billing address. It just sounded like a little back room shop attitude. But i thought it must be just me they have been around forever.. but parts did show up on time.

• Whiteman

Posted September 14, 2007 - 05:41 AM

Crash,
So, let me get this straight. They will do work for me if I don't have money as long as I run a sticker on my bike. Sounds good but I would be happy if I wasn't lied to and the right parts that I paid for were sent on time. I do understand running a shop. They seem to do it very well for a selective crowd which you seem to be part of but they don't pay the bills. I am pretty sure if they only dealt with people like you they would go out of business. The paying customers should get the same service as non paying racers, that is what they call good business. They have great products, they just need a little help in customer service.

• AtomicGeo

Posted September 14, 2007 - 05:52 AM

:eek: I have heard 50/50 reviews about the company but I wanted to give em a shot since I think its cool that a company specializes in what I ride. I ordered some springs. on the phone, spoke to a guy and he said tehy had everything instock, including some springs that where not listed on the website (he said the website is usually wrong) so a week goes by and I dont get my order... I dont hear anything from them So I call them and they said the card was declined... OK no biggie because DAYS after I placed the order I lost the card and canceled it. Not thier fault so I gave him the new card number (that day they did porcesses it because I seen it on my online statement). He said that he will ship it that day because HE PERONALLY PACKAGED IT.

OK another week passes I dont hear any thing so I call back to see whats up I talk to a female she says SHE PERSONALLY PACKAGED IT just today and thay she will will ship it today! Ok this is Monday..... 1/2 a week later THURSDAY I get a notice they will ship it today.

:thumbsup: :ride: :bonk:

Ok 2 people tell me different things and neither happens. At this point I am just hoping that my order is correct when it arrives. :eek:
Looks like I will be shopping the TT store from now on!

I am upset and just passing along MY personal experience.

I online ordered a lowering link from them and *** :eek: it takes a couple of weeks before they even acknowledge my order! They have some very knowledgeable people, but there service was awful :).. I would never order from them again.....I kind of like bikebandit.com.

Geo

• Denn10

Posted September 14, 2007 - 07:20 AM

THANKS to whoever decided to leave me some "bad gas" saying "Another Moron" LMAO now WHY IN THE WORLD would you say? What a joke some people are!!!

People need to stop taking stuff so personal on here, If someone didnt like XR's service or lack of thats their decision to say so and if they dont wanna do business with them thats their decision!!!! I guess me and CRASH are lucky enough to just go in person so theres no BSing about when shipments will go out or if its in stock or not.

• davexr650r

Posted September 14, 2007 - 07:27 AM

I called xrs only a while back to order a xrs only header, guy on phone couldn't give me any tech info - even basic about their product such as would it fit a white bros pipe (the header). I can't order if I don't know if it wll fit. I said thanks and moved on down the road.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • axarob44

Posted September 14, 2007 - 08:29 AM

Hey Davexr650r, I had they same thing happen when I called about buying jets for my XRL, The guy didn't seem to know what I was asking for. I mean, come on !XR's ONLY!! I want a damn pilot jet. "Well, we don't have any of those" :thumbsup: I've been told by many in this forum to get a carb kit, or buy jetting kits there,"They will know what you need","They will have it". Well maybe they didn't have it, but it seemed to me as he didn't have a clue. :ride:

• heavyhitter

Posted September 16, 2007 - 11:44 AM

UPDATE-

The order came friday so it DID ship on the day the girl said it woud (not when the guy said it would) the email notice came thursday but i did get my package. Just thought I would update this.

• Kenaroo

Posted September 16, 2007 - 02:57 PM

I ordered a rod kit from them. and to my pleasure.. it shipped and arrived when they and the email confirmation said it would. with no issues what so ever.

I was worried from reading all the nightmares that have been posted on here. but they were the only supplier to have the whole rod kit with bearing, rod pin etc.

so I'll give them a thumps up for my order...

so they look to be a little hit and miss..

good luck with your orders. Maybe they have made a turn around with customer service.. Let's hope so

:thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted September 17, 2007 - 07:14 AM

no prob with my temp dipstick order.

• Big Dirt

Posted October 21, 2007 - 03:26 PM

Im new to this site and was reading over some of the topics when I stumbbled onto this about the service from XRs Only. I to have ordered parts on the phone and on their site have run into the all to familiar problems like you guys have. Most recentley bought a 480.00 carb for my XR650R from them only to discover nobody seems to know how to jet it. Took the carb apart to find out it was not jetted to their spec sheet, the 2 extra jets were of no help and the tech on line gave me his settings and the bike would not perform at all! Im back to square one, but will not be involved with this business in the future!:crazy:

• donkey08

Posted October 21, 2007 - 03:55 PM

I have ordered from them 3 times in the past 2 months with no problem. Split up orders if not in stock. Then received 2nd half of order in a week.
No complaints, really liked the parts.

• gearloos

Posted October 21, 2007 - 04:48 PM

I've driven up to XR's only a few times and the only problem I ever had there was finding it the first time:excuseme: Its right next to the runway at the local airport and the sign is hidden by trees.
The shop is a little disorganized as in they had to go upstairs..then downstairs...then in the back room.. to find me a jet I needed but, he did find one, and I think maybe he was giving me one he had stashed for personal use. So I give em a A+ for effort to help.
Never phone or internet ordered so no opinion either way.
They are just hit or miss technically and I think its just that the best guys are the most busy and don't answer the phone.
Oh and Den10,if your that close to there, we have to do El Mirage, or Johnson Vly some day. I work in Lugo a lot, 5 mins from Xrs Only.

• BWB63

Posted October 21, 2007 - 06:06 PM

Im new to this site and was reading over some of the topics when I stumbbled onto this about the service from XRs Only. I to have ordered parts on the phone and on their site have run into the all to familiar problems like you guys have. Most recentley bought a 480.00 carb for my XR650R from them only to discover nobody seems to know how to jet it. Took the carb apart to find out it was not jetted to their spec sheet, the 2 extra jets were of no help and the tech on line gave me his settings and the bike would not perform at all! Im back to square one, but will not be involved with this business in the future!:crazy:

Real sad to hear this!:applause:

Don't worry they have a lot of guys that pop up or newbies with only a few posts, to defend them. This has been going on for years and same story over and over. Their manager has even posted here. They are great if you drive to the shop but, the phone and internet service sucks and they have been known to lie about having parts in stock and then after a few weeks of waiting you finaly call and they let you know that it is back-ordered.:D
I do not think this will change............I thought they would finaly say sorry and fix the problem but, the manager seems to be right, there is nothing we can do to save others from this. He is very sure that none of this will hurt his buisness. Told me so himself and stated that this happens at all buisness. I do not think so, I have had wonderful buisness eslewhere. They sell great stuff that works awesome.........I buy their stuff from Honda of Redlands when I need it.

• lunityc

Posted October 21, 2007 - 06:40 PM

Children......this is the age of the internet. Nobody...read NOBODY stocks anything. XR's Only or any other retailer. Most online suppliers only stock cheap fit-all parts. When you order today, the online supplier generally immediately orders from the manufacturer or the master distributor. Tucker/Rocky, one of the largest wholesale only distributors doesn't even stock many specialty items...they also order from the manufacturer. "Ontime" shipping services from UPS and others and instant 24 hour online ordering has eliminated the need for stocking a large inventory. If you really want an aftermarket part, try showing the price you get to the dealer you bought your scoot from, and asking him to match the price. It works better then you think. He buys from the same supplier that online retailers do. If he wants your business, he'll take care of you- and no! I am not a dealer. I have just received an order from XR's Only last week-service was OK, not great. I generally order from the manufacturer direct if the MC dealer won't help me out. 2 things happen; I get the right information about the part, and I get it shipped immediately. Can't get any better service then that.:crazy:

[COLOR="Red"]06 CR450X- Athena 500 "Super-X"
05 XR650R- Adventure
04 YZ450F- "lookin' fer one more gear"
05 TRX 450- "Sometimes 4 wheels are better"
[/COLOR]

• Denn10

Posted October 22, 2007 - 10:07 AM

Right on GEARLOS i took my L out after i went some areas trying to find some quail sunday, went riding all around deep creek area and all around did find a cool spot behind deep creek dam to fish the creek some nice big holes looks good.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.