Xr's Only order

46 replies to this topic
  • heavyhitter

Posted September 13, 2007 - 06:08 AM

:eek: I have heard 50/50 reviews about the company but I wanted to give em a shot since I think its cool that a company specializes in what I ride. I ordered some springs. on the phone, spoke to a guy and he said tehy had everything instock, including some springs that where not listed on the website (he said the website is usually wrong) so a week goes by and I dont get my order... I dont hear anything from them So I call them and they said the card was declined... OK no biggie because DAYS after I placed the order I lost the card and canceled it. Not thier fault so I gave him the new card number (that day they did porcesses it because I seen it on my online statement). He said that he will ship it that day because HE PERONALLY PACKAGED IT.

OK another week passes I dont hear any thing so I call back to see whats up I talk to a female she says SHE PERSONALLY PACKAGED IT just today and thay she will will ship it today! Ok this is Monday..... 1/2 a week later THURSDAY I get a notice they will ship it today.

:thumbsup: :ride: :bonk:

Ok 2 people tell me different things and neither happens. At this point I am just hoping that my order is correct when it arrives. :eek:
Looks like I will be shopping the TT store from now on!

I am upset and just passing along MY personal experience.

• Firelyle

Posted September 13, 2007 - 07:43 AM

Sure seems to be a pattern here........:thumbsup:

• cessna250

Posted September 13, 2007 - 07:55 AM

I too have ordered from them in the past and just recently. And both times the order has been delayed for one reason or another. If you do order, keep on top of them and call them back a couple days after you were suppose to receive your parts. If there is something on backorder, they won't call you to tell you. End.

• ezl_oo

Posted September 13, 2007 - 08:04 AM

Man I was going to order a lot of parts from there too!! Luckily I didn't I gues I will order from another website.

• hondacrf150f1

Posted September 13, 2007 - 08:11 AM

i orderd $500 in stuff, it was delayed but i still got it. They seem to be very unorganized there, but they've got a lota good stuff.

• Denn10

Posted September 13, 2007 - 08:32 AM

ive stoped by there and they are very unorganized in the shop, luckily i just take a ride across town and pick up what i want no BS stories. Id call back and voice your complaints thats the only way there gonna realize they have to change their customer support any. The more people complain the more motivation it is on their part to fix it.

• LeadDoggy

Posted September 13, 2007 - 08:36 AM

Thet still own me $20. I'll never see it....

• heavyhitter

Posted September 13, 2007 - 08:45 AM

If some thing is backordered I would just like to be told that instead of being told we will ship today, then the same a week later and so on and so on.

• cleonard

Posted September 13, 2007 - 09:28 AM

I don't plan on buying any parts from them. They are just too disorganized. Unfortunately, there are a few things that are only available from them.

I have used them for machine work and I was very pleased with the work that they did for me.

• Trogdor

Posted September 13, 2007 - 09:33 AM

Al Baker's dad should have shut the shop down after Al died. The place has been a nightmare ever since Al's passing with its on again off again quality issues.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted September 13, 2007 - 11:51 AM

I don't plan on buying any parts from them. They are just too disorganized. Unfortunately, there are a few things that are only available from them.

I have used them for machine work and I was very pleased with the work that they did for me.

WELL any of my FRIENDS on here that need anything ill go pick up for them and ship so they dont have to worry about all that. Thats how i roll im a helper LOL Tell that to all the idiots that keep taking gas cuz there morons!!!! All you gotta do is ask me and ill help if they got it in stock.

• XR680RR

Posted September 13, 2007 - 01:05 PM

They have sell some nice stuff outthere with the XR's only name on it. This is you can buy a lot of it form any place that sells there line of stuff. Honda od Redlands sells there stuff. You can order straight from there and get it. I got all the XR's only stuff that is on my bikes from there.

Another XR's only buyer bites the dust, I think it's much worse the 50/50.
I went to all the links from a thread that was about this before and some of the stories are beyound scary. Xr's only is way more then disorganized, they just don't have what it takes to make it worth the chance. I'll play the lotto, I have a better chance of not losing.

• crashmeout666

Posted September 13, 2007 - 01:48 PM

I dont understand all of the hostility? Do any of you own a shop? Are you familiar with what it takes to run a shop? OK they might be disorganized and I will give you the employees have lack of communication but considering how small of a shop they are the majority of REAL riders (Baja, d37 most of the local fast guys) all still seem to shop there. They of coarse know what there dealing with when needing something they only have or dont. Any rider in the desert will also tell you that if you need something on thursday and have a race on sat,say machine work,motor work,suspension or whatever it will be done. Now I could be wrong and maybe I have had better luck but everytime Iask for anything I usually get it even if I'm strapped for cash they seem happy enough that I just run there stickers at the races until mon tue so I can pay for what I needed. Again this could be just luck and again I dont have time to play on the comp and jump on the bandwagon to bash somebody without them able to reply or explain circumstances. Not trying to upset anyone I just find it silly to bash a pretty good company for what they have to work with. If you've been there you know what I'm talking about.
C-YA

• XR680RR

Posted September 13, 2007 - 02:11 PM

WoW, great post for your first! and you dive all the way from Colorodo! You work for who? Great shop compared to who? Been there many times over many years and seen a lot of different shop hands. I think it's mainly there internet/phone sells that suck. It is a joke.

I dont understand all of the hostility? Do any of you own a shop? Are you familiar with what it takes to run a shop? OK they might be disorganized and I will give you the employees have lack of communication but considering how small of a shop they are the majority of REAL riders (Baja, d37 most of the local fast guys) all still seem to shop there. They of coarse know what there dealing with when needing something they only have or dont. Any rider in the desert will also tell you that if you need something on thursday and have a race on sat,say machine work,motor work,suspension or whatever it will be done. Now I could be wrong and maybe I have had better luck but everytime Iask for anything I usually get it even if I'm strapped for cash they seem happy enough that I just run there stickers at the races until mon tue so I can pay for what I needed. Again this could be just luck and again I dont have time to play on the comp and jump on the bandwagon to bash somebody without them able to reply or explain circumstances. Not trying to upset anyone I just find it silly to bash a pretty good company for what they have to work with. If you've been there you know what I'm talking about.
C-YA

• crashmeout666

Posted September 13, 2007 - 02:22 PM

Actually I'm from the high desert in Cali. Dont know why it says Colorado. Will try to fix that if I can figure out how. Not too comp savy!

• martinfan30

Posted September 13, 2007 - 02:35 PM

WELL any of my FRIENDS on here that need anything ill go pick up for them and ship so they dont have to worry about all that. Thats how i roll im a helper LOL Tell that to all the idiots that keep taking gas cuz there morons!!!! All you gotta do is ask me and ill help if they got it in stock.

i'll take you up on that when i can convince the wife that i need their full exhaust system!

• koldsimer

Posted September 13, 2007 - 03:13 PM

C-YA

Small business or not, you don't lie to a customer about a part being in stock or a part being shipped. I hate seeing all the comments about their poor customer service because it's a cool company that caters to a relatively small group of riders. I've gotta tell you though, it's beneficial for those of us that HATE getting jerked around about an orders status. I know that i will probably never order from them based on all of the negative feedback I have read on here.

Little story real quick- there was a company called Waggoner Machine Shop out of Oklahoma that did all kinds of cool custom machine work for 4x4's. Really cool stuff like gm 14 bolt steering axles, 3:1 t-case conversion kits and some crazy fab work. The shop was loaded with talent. As the company grew, their customer service became worse and worse. I wanted to support them, so I ordered about 1G in parts with the understanding that time was an issue and I only wanted the parts if they were in stock. My truck ended up being torn apart for almost 3 months while they kept sending me wrong parts to make up for the fact that they couldn't get me the right parts. I ended up telling my story on a major internet 4x4 forum and it turned into hundreds of replies with similar stories. A couple of months later, the company was gone and lots of people were left without the parts they ordered or any kind of refunds.

Moral of my story is that having cool parts doesn't give a business the right to screw the hard working people who buy their parts.

• crashmeout666

Posted September 13, 2007 - 03:46 PM

Being a rider myself I dont think anyone should be lied too about stock or shipping. I know they do there best and I guess that they cant make everyone happy but I also think it is rediculous that you think this forum can shut down the monster that is XR'S ONLY. At least I think that was your implication. Now I have gone through and read some previous posts and I find it kind of silly that there is only 6-10 different people posting over and over and over. Kind of redundant? See my point is I ride and have rode for over 30 years. I find when I actually have time I am out riding! No exceptions! Other than that if you think they are hard to deal with get your parts from some strip mall flunky at chapparel or Berts mega mall!! Are you kidding me? At least most of that shop rides! Dont tell me in all the time you spend posting to look for a reaction on here you could'nt be riding? Again not trying to piss people off but maybe I've been lucky?

• crashmeout666

Posted September 13, 2007 - 03:48 PM

This the longest that Ive been online without being injured and I still find it silly!!

• crashmeout666

Posted September 13, 2007 - 03:56 PM

I'll check back later I'm out of work in 5 minutes. Nice talking to you! Im out to ride.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.