Any of you guys ride this trail? Rubicon

9 replies to this topic
  • ysr50speed

Posted September 12, 2007 - 03:16 PM

I was wondering if anybody had ridden this trail http://www.rubicon-t...ubicon/map.html

Just wondering how hard of a trail it was and how long it took or any information you can provide.

• cleonard

Posted September 12, 2007 - 03:21 PM

Do a search in the California forum. There are a few ride reports.

It's a rocky SOB. If you can do rocks it's only a few hours ride. If not it can take all day.

• XR 4 LIFE

Posted September 12, 2007 - 07:13 PM

i did about 5miles of it on a 95 xr 600r dualsport and turned around because the road was flooded out. dont waste your time its a jeep trail, really rocky, not a very fun dirtbike ride.

• ysr50speed

Posted September 12, 2007 - 07:51 PM

Ok thanks...I guess I will try to find another trail to ride on my way to reno. Thanks for the help. Anybody know of any other place on my way to reno to ride? I will be riding from the bay area.
Thanks

• Triple B

Posted September 13, 2007 - 07:52 AM

Take a look at the John Muir jeep trail (Don't know if is on the way to Reno or out of the way but looks like a good jeep trail)
Part 1
http://www.thumperta... Different Sort
Part 2
Part 3

Look in the CA section there is lots of info there

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kyron

Posted September 13, 2007 - 10:07 AM

Ok thanks...I guess I will try to find another trail to ride on my way to reno. Thanks for the help. Anybody know of any other place on my way to reno to ride? I will be riding from the bay area.
Thanks

I'd still ride the 'con ...... I've done it twice and it sucked both times while I was doing it but afterwards it was cool.

• martinfan30

Posted September 13, 2007 - 02:45 PM

ive only done it in a 4wheeler. saw some guys on DS bikes, they looked miserable! i still will try on my L before i die though... as long as they communists dont close the trail down.

• GlobalWarmer

Posted September 13, 2007 - 03:33 PM

Did it on my 650r after about 9 hours of trail riding to get there. Climbed Cadillac hill in the dark to get to my motel room in Tahoe. Don't plan on doing that again. I suggest a light bike with a low seat height and take plenty of time to do it so you can stop and check the place out. If it wasn't for 4 guys partying in the parking lot on the east side I would have run out of gas and slept in the bushes. They even fed us. Best damn chicken I ever had. If we would have had more time I would have stopped at the top of the mountain and checked out the band that was playing out in the middle of nowhere. On a stage even.

• Honda_Rider_XR

Posted September 13, 2007 - 08:40 PM

I've ridden it on my XR250R back in the summer of '04. It was a huge blast too, a bit rocky but you get used to it after a while.

• 1stgear

Posted September 14, 2007 - 03:36 PM

You did real good considering you'd never rode the Rubicon before and your bike was geared way too tall. 1st time is the hardest, now that you've done it, next time well be easy as pie. Let's go back and ride those trails near Hell Hole before it snows.

Did it on my 650r after about 9 hours of trail riding to get there. Climbed Cadillac hill in the dark to get to my motel room in Tahoe. Don't plan on doing that again. I suggest a light bike with a low seat height and take plenty of time to do it so you can stop and check the place out. If it wasn't for 4 guys partying in the parking lot on the east side I would have run out of gas and slept in the bushes. They even fed us. Best damn chicken I ever had. If we would have had more time I would have stopped at the top of the mountain and checked out the band that was playing out in the middle of nowhere. On a stage even.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.