Help with cr41 carb

4 replies to this topic
  • ysr50speed

Posted September 12, 2007 - 03:14 PM

Does anyone have the manual for the aftermarket keihin cr41 flatslide carb? Does this carb not normally come with a choke? Seems hard to start when its cold. Thanks for any help

• martinfan30

Posted September 13, 2007 - 02:48 PM

Does anyone have the manual for the aftermarket keihin cr41 flatslide carb? Does this carb not normally come with a choke? Seems hard to start when its cold. Thanks for any help

i have the slant body non choke model. mine starts easily with 158/52 jets at 4300 ft. if it sits awhile i have to twist the throttle a few to get it too light. do a search i have seen many posts on this carb. what bike L or R?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • exaresix

Posted September 13, 2007 - 03:20 PM

The fact that Sudco sells these expensive carbs for the XR bike (kit and all) without a choke is a travesty. There is a no-refund policy. Like any carb, if you adjust you idle circuit very rich, it will start with nothing more than a couple squirts of the pump. But, if your idle is set to what most people consider normal (3% CO on the EG) then you are going to have a constant headache warming your bike up. Most folks in this situation will just increase the idle speed for the first 10 min. of operation, and deal with it like that.You will probably need to unscrew your idle mixture screw a turn or two, or increase the size of your pilot jet to make this thing tolerable. I love the FCR carb, but I ended up ordering another carb WITH an idle jet. Yes, Sudco has them for sale, it's just not obvious when you visit their website looking for a carb for the XR.

• rmhrc630

Posted September 13, 2007 - 03:43 PM

The fact that Sudco sells these expensive carbs for the XR bike (kit and all) without a choke is a travesty. There is a no-refund policy. Like any carb, if you adjust you idle circuit very rich, it will start with nothing more than a couple squirts of the pump. But, if your idle is set to what most people consider normal (3% CO on the EG) then you are going to have a constant headache warming your bike up. Most folks in this situation will just increase the idle speed for the first 10 min. of operation, and deal with it like that.You will probably need to unscrew your idle mixture screw a turn or two, or increase the size of your pilot jet to make this thing tolerable. I love the FCR carb, but I ended up ordering another carb WITH an idle jet. Yes, Sudco has them for sale, it's just not obvious when you visit their website looking for a carb for the XR.

Exare6 - how much of a pita are Sudco?

They are so user unfriendly

• martinfan30

Posted September 14, 2007 - 07:15 AM

i love my fcr nonchoke model, but it would have been nice to know that there was a choke model. i did richen up the pilot circuit to compensate with no adverese affects. its like they are trying to offload all the nonchokers on unsuspecting buyers.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.