03 auto decomp cam on my 00 wr

3 replies to this topic
  • Prime

Posted September 12, 2007 - 11:21 AM

done as much research as i can before my eyes started bleeding from staring at the screen :thumbsup: so im gonna break down and ask for help... Is their anything else i need other that the decomp plug and 03 yz exhaust cam to make the swap?

mods can delete this...i found my answer about 30 seconds after posting..

• Solo

Posted September 12, 2007 - 05:59 PM

mods can delete this...i found my answer about 30 seconds after posting..

Or you can post the answer to help someone else in the future. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted September 12, 2007 - 06:38 PM

Shims, thickness as required (you won't know until you put it back together and measure); maybe a cam chain and tensioner depending on how old and tired your scooter is (If you do the cam chain you will need a magneto cover gasket and a flywheel puller)...oh, and some ice to ice down your cheeks when they hurt from smiling so much after you ride the bike with the new cam!

• maxtherat

Posted September 14, 2007 - 09:44 PM

I agree, new chain, tensioner...Are you going the 03 cam route or the hotcams? I have heard that the cam gear has a different pitch than the older models. I chose the hotcams(in & out) since it is specifically for that bike. Just got it reshimmed today and it starts right up. You will love it just for that reason

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.