650L Which tail rack and luggage???

3 replies to this topic
  • CReffex

Posted September 12, 2007 - 10:51 AM

In the market for a new tail rack for the L. KInda want to keep my factory bag, but don't mind switching it to the front either. So what's the general concensus on the best rack at teh most reasonable price??

And as far as luggage wise, what is the best setup on an L for a weekind trip, say 3 days. I was thinking my small saddle bags, small tail bag, and maybe ordering a small tank bag, but not sure how the tank bag is gonna be on my Clark 4.7.

Thanks guys, JOn

• AtomicGeo

Posted September 12, 2007 - 11:18 AM

In the market for a new tail rack for the L. KInda want to keep my factory bag, but don't mind switching it to the front either. So what's the general concensus on the best rack at teh most reasonable price??

And as far as luggage wise, what is the best setup on an L for a weekind trip, say 3 days. I was thinking my small saddle bags, small tail bag, and maybe ordering a small tank bag, but not sure how the tank bag is gonna be on my Clark 4.7.

Thanks guys, JOn

Sounds like the setup I have. The tail and luggage racks are first rate, and I got them from ebay. They are made specifically for the L with very good welds, black powder coated, and strong alloy for durability. I recommend because the price for the full setup will only run you about $160. The tail rack alone is only $65. Here's a pick of the racks on my bike:

http://i218.photobuc...igeo/XR650L.jpg

After this, I then got the Wolfman saddle bags and a tail bag. I don't have a pic of them mounted, but soon will as I will be going camping with my setup in a couple of weeks. I haven't bought the tank bag, but the Wolfman one seems perfect to mount on my Clarke 4.7 gal tank. I will post the full set up with camping gear and all when I get closer to my trip date. But as for the racks here are a couple thumper talk threads attesting to the ebay store ones:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=547892

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=545862

George

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted September 12, 2007 - 02:23 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

pro motobillet rack with wolfman beta bag and duffel.

• Manchu

Posted September 15, 2007 - 05:40 AM

I had a Happy Trail rack but replaced it with this one from cycleracks.com. for $139. I've got a couple pics in 'My Garage' as well.

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.