24mm triple clamps for the 06 yz450f

46 replies to this topic
  • djtroy

Posted October 08, 2007 - 08:09 PM

I say screw the debate and the clamps Im going with the Rekluse E Axle.

LOL

• mn519

Posted October 10, 2007 - 10:35 PM

What about the Graves 13mm offset, they recommend for supermoto only... but i would think they would be good for supercross/arenacross???

• CalRMX

Posted November 05, 2007 - 12:48 PM

Third, who makes doug dubach a god. Isn't he the one who developed the 450 that handles so badly. I would put Ty davis record to dubach any day. For a guy who has more AMA titles, Baja Wins, WORCS Championships, GNCC CHampionships than all the racers out there, and dubach has how many?
But to each his own, you like what you like, but would really like to know who's 17MM clamps you tried, as no other company makes them other than Zipty. Just don't rip things apart that you know nothing about.

Well, Doug Dubach won another Vet World championship yesterday at Glen Helen. FWIW

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • djtroy

Posted November 05, 2007 - 01:26 PM

Well, Doug Dubach won another Vet World championship yesterday at Glen Helen. FWIW

HE IS GOD

• Climber

Posted November 05, 2007 - 02:04 PM

I switched to 24mm offset. It helped a lot and did not affect the feel of the bike at all which is key. And, that is with old, broke down oil in the suspension. A friend of mine, that showed up at the track with an 08 CRF450R and is a fast A rider, thought that the clamps helped a lot and said that my bike handles very well.

• grayracer513

Posted November 05, 2007 - 02:10 PM

This is called do it yourself godliness. But quite apart from his riding talents, the ability to be a good test rider and to evaluate equipment objectively is a separate skill set that is not related to riding skills in any direct way. I've known several extremely talented riders in various aspects of the sport who couldn't give you any accurate feedback on how the bike was working if their life depended on it.

Doug Dubach is not one of those people. Notwithstanding his I forget how many World Vet titles, he's one of the best test riders there ever was.

• Thesolidman1

Posted November 05, 2007 - 05:35 PM

I bought a set of applied 24mm for my 2006. They did help with the cornering, but not totally make the problem go away. I bought mine at BTO as well, for a discounted price. Don't forget, you have your choice of bar clamps- 7/8" or fat size, stock position or foward, as well as different heights. Since I am 6' 2", I got the foward mounts, 10mm taller than stock. This new opened riding position helped tremendously as well as the offset.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.