Rear Shock Removal

4 replies to this topic
  • Kaleb

Posted September 12, 2007 - 08:00 AM

I have an '05 WR450 and its time to have the suspension done. My question is this: can I take the rear shock off the bike without completely removing the swingarm?

I want to fully grease the back end but need to get the shock in quick.

:thumbsup:

• erickdj

Posted September 12, 2007 - 08:42 AM

I have an '05 WR450 and its time to have the suspension done. My question is this: can I take the rear shock off the bike without completely removing the swingarm?

I want to fully grease the back end but need to get the shock in quick.

:thumbsup:

You should be able to do that. The shock would probably have to be removed from the top, possibly moving the sub frame a little bit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kaleb

Posted September 12, 2007 - 09:14 AM

cool....thx

• dazzabb

Posted September 12, 2007 - 10:31 AM

Yes you sure can.

You'll need to remove the muffler and rear subframe to allow you to remove the shock but its not difficult.
I removed rear frame, drained coolant etc and re-insatlled but only a couple of hours work.

If you have not got a manual I suggest you take some photos of the wiring / hoses that route around the shock as there are battery leads, starter relay, coolant hoses to the rear tank all need to be put back correctly.

• msgbean

Posted September 12, 2007 - 11:23 AM

Don't waste your time disconnecting hoses and wires. All you have to do is is remove the bottom two subframe bolts and loosen the top one then just swing it up pull the shock out. (the air boot screw on the carb will also need loosened.)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.