GUTS racing seat 650L

8 replies to this topic
  • heavyhitter

Posted September 12, 2007 - 05:15 AM

Who has them? I am wanting to buy one, I am not sure which one to get, I was thinking a high/soft. I just dont want to make an already high bike higher though. I was curious if the low seat would offer much more comfort than the stocker. Im 6'1" with a 33 or 34 inseam. Right now I can touch the ground with both feet flat. But off road and uneven ground can make touching the ground difficult. I am looking for comfort first and formost, anyone have pics with one?

• Whiteman

Posted September 12, 2007 - 06:10 AM

I had a Guts tall on mine and it is tall. It adds about 1 1/2 inches... I don't mind because with a bad knee it helps me stand when I need to. As far as comfort goes I think the tall was less comfy than stock because it seems like the seat was a little more narrow. The foam felt good but for comfort you need a wider seat. I like riding more than a couple miles at a time so had to go with a custom seat. All I can say is I will never own another dual sport without a Renazco Seat again. Yes, it is that good and worth every penny. Guts with a cover is almost 1/2 the cost of a custom seat but may not help you in the comfort department.

http://img.photobuck...499/Seat007.jpg

I forgot to tell you, soft is soft for Guts. It may not give you enough support. I went with the Med. foam and it was softer that stock but didn't feel like I was stuck in the seat.

• heavyhitter

Posted September 12, 2007 - 06:25 AM

Yea thats a sharp looking seat. I like my fatory seat well but I think maybe the foam has broken down. It is really really soft and mushy and looks smaller than most ofther seats I see. I think after 7 years and 12500 miles it just broke down too much.

Im kinda sick of the whole seat thing... from my street bike experience, I have gone through 4 seats and $1500 and still am not happy. I can ride my XR longer than my cruiser.... go figure.

• Whiteman

Posted September 12, 2007 - 11:43 AM

What year 650L do you have. I was thinking maybe we could do a trade. I will send you my seat with guts tall med foam & cover and you send me your stock seat plus $40.00 on paypal... Guts seat was put on this year.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • heavyhitter

Posted September 12, 2007 - 01:30 PM

pm sent

• timathub

Posted September 13, 2007 - 10:12 PM

I had a Guts tall on mine and it is tall. It adds about 1 1/2 inches... I don't mind because with a bad knee it helps me stand when I need to. As far as comfort goes I think the tall was less comfy than stock because it seems like the seat was a little more narrow. The foam felt good but for comfort you need a wider seat. I like riding more than a couple miles at a time so had to go with a custom seat. All I can say is I will never own another dual sport without a Renazco Seat again. Yes, it is that good and worth every penny. Guts with a cover is almost 1/2 the cost of a custom seat but may not help you in the comfort department.

http://img.photobuck...499/Seat007.jpg

I forgot to tell you, soft is soft for Guts. It may not give you enough support. I went with the Med. foam and it was softer that stock but didn't feel like I was stuck in the seat.

Just wondering about how much and who to contact on the custom seat. Thats a nice looking seat!

• Whiteman

Posted September 14, 2007 - 04:52 AM

The seat is a little pricey but you get what you pay for in this case. I have a couple rides on mine and I think this is now a must have for all my future bikes. Check out the site and you will see. The seats run between 300-400 depending on whats you want.
http://www.renazco.com/

• timathub

Posted September 15, 2007 - 02:54 PM

The seat is a little pricey but you get what you pay for in this case. I have a couple rides on mine and I think this is now a must have for all my future bikes. Check out the site and you will see. The seats run between 300-400 depending on whats you want.
http://www.renazco.com/

Thanks for the info. I already put in my order. The waiting list is December so i think i will order a new seat so no down time. :thumbsup:

• Whiteman

Posted September 15, 2007 - 04:01 PM

I found one on e-bay for cheap for the same reason. Renazco did have the seat done and back to me the week they said it would be done. Just make sure your seat is there before your build date. By the way, Husky123 and I went on a little D/S ride today and the seat was perfect. It let me stand without getting in the way and my butt didn't go numb during our little :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.