• weskc35k

Posted September 12, 2007 - 12:36 AM

As above.

• heavyhitter

Posted September 12, 2007 - 09:31 AM

Yea, get rid of that 650R riff raff! :thumbsup:

• cleonard

Posted September 12, 2007 - 10:13 AM

I think we are headed to a sub-forum under Vintage.

• martinfan30

Posted September 12, 2007 - 10:23 AM

I think we are headed to a sub-forum under Vintage.

ya for the xr600 and 650l. thats alright, we know which bikes are the best.

• AtomicGeo

Posted September 12, 2007 - 12:44 PM

I think the entire XR 6-something class is now getting to be vintage.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted September 12, 2007 - 01:12 PM

The 650R is the odd man out, so if those guys want their own forum all by themselves...

I don't see any compelling reason for a split, though.

Dave

• rdahl

Posted September 12, 2007 - 01:24 PM

R's alone please!!!!

• T-Doshi9

Posted September 12, 2007 - 01:37 PM

why does it need to be split.. when you post you always ask for the bike you have. so y does it matter. if the r guys don't like the l stuff just don't read it... if the l guys don't like the r stuff just don't read it.. thats how a forum works. and if you dont know then dont post.. easy rules.... you will not see me in the yx450f forum i dont have one and don't care what they talk about. so y does it matter?

• martinfan30

Posted September 12, 2007 - 02:19 PM

it doesnt. i like to read interesting posts on all these bikes, L, R, 600, 650 whatever. there is always something you can pull away with from any post.

• hill5150

Posted September 12, 2007 - 02:26 PM

The 650R is the odd man out, so if those guys want their own forum all by themselves...

Dave

That's clearly not the case........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR680RR

Posted September 12, 2007 - 02:27 PM

This has been a big topic before. Went on for a long time and almost went. I say split! If you want to read what the 'R' guys are doing it is just one click away. Two different worlds and bikes.

• martinfan30

Posted September 12, 2007 - 02:31 PM

they have the same front caliper!LOL:busted:

• Scotty Breauxman

Posted September 12, 2007 - 02:33 PM

Where I'm from, it's about the R's...

either way is cool with me...I never knew about the "L" cult until I came to this forum...

I think most of the R crowd doesn't give a hoot either way.

sB

• desert4seat

Posted September 12, 2007 - 04:16 PM

Where I'm from, it's about the R's...

either way is cool with me...I never knew about the "L" cult until I came to this forum...

I think most of the R crowd doesn't give a hoot either way.

sB

+1
Yeah I can relate. Where I’m from it’s all about the L’s (So Cal)…
only law breakers :eek:
and rebels… :eek:
and Baja bound alcholics ride R’s… :eek: :)

I think we should have a forum for those of us that follow the rules of the road (like using all required smog eqip.)
…and another forum for greensticker bikes (R’s).:thumbsup: :ride: :bonk:

• hill5150

Posted September 12, 2007 - 05:21 PM

+1
and Baja bound alcholics ride R’s… :) :blah:

I think we should have a forum for those of us that follow the rules of the road (like using all required smog eqip.)
…and another forum for greensticker bikes (R’s).:thumbsup: :ride: :bonk:

:eek:

• philipstjohn

Posted September 12, 2007 - 05:57 PM

+1
and Baja bound alcholics ride R’s… :blah: :p

…and another forum for greensticker bikes (R’s).:ride: :bonk: :eek:

Lets not start a fued here... again!... :) lets just look at the facts- the "L" is again in production for 08- a strong statement for the proven performance of the "old school air cooled" motor, and the dual sport bike it is in general. And it sells, and you guys keep buying them, so Honda says "why fix it if it's not broken". Even though most of the R guys will testify the L is bulletproof, they still will not be caught dead on one at the same time...:blah: :blah:
And, even though the 07 R may be on the last run as we know it, it is by far the best XR 650 Honda has put together thus far for off road. And, if dual sported, or Super motarded, it is hard to beat in any class... so, lets not argue anymore...:thumbsup: :p :blah:
Its all Team Red in the end...

• BWB63

Posted September 12, 2007 - 06:52 PM

It does seem to be a fact that this forum is no longer ruled by the XR650R riders. The major players got tired of what is the best 50/50 tire for my "L" or "R" and went else where....well, that isn't very true either. The Yahoo XR650R group has gone from years of 1000+ posts a month to around 250 posts a month. Riders are moving on to other rides/likes or have got the info they needed to make their XR650R fly and are out riding way to much to be listening to the "L" guys compare what starbuck drink they like best.:thumbsup:

• Sipes77

Posted September 12, 2007 - 08:19 PM

I'd hate to see the forums get too specific on one hand,
and on the other hand, I am glad that the Honda forum is divided up as it is.
The bikes are very different- R's and L's, but at least the big ones we're not lumped with quads, 2-strokes, kids bikes, etc... :thumbsup: :ride: :bonk:

• jetfuel

Posted September 12, 2007 - 09:06 PM

it doesnt. i like to read interesting posts on all these bikes, L, R, 600, 650 whatever. there is always something you can pull away with from any post.

:thumbsup: Exactly... I actually hit All the forums because I've owned many different brands over the years ( I have seven in the garage right now 5 different brands. ) and it allows me to compare for my next purchase. Red, Blue, Orange.. I don't care as long as its the best tool for the job... Personally splitting this forum will do nothing for me obviously.. But I have noticed L guys helping R guys and vice versa and splitting that knowledge would just be stupid...:ride:

• weskc35k

Posted September 12, 2007 - 11:56 PM

Most R guys have owned a 600 or 650l or two,but have since moved on.
I've had a few 600's so i can help sometimes with the 600r queries sometimes but it's way hard to remember some of the stuff.
I would just like a forum for my ride so i don't have to troll through it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.