rekluse z start or the hinson slipper?

2 replies to this topic
  • stroker yz426

Posted September 11, 2007 - 12:02 PM

ok i am still abit skeptical about this:crazy: ....anyone out there have good opinions about these...i know the older model rekluse was not as great as it was stated to be.:ride:
anyone used it at the dunes.....hows it work
im in favor of the slipper:thumbsup: ...i like to have the choice of engine breaking....if i wanted an auto i would have bought a rhino:thumbsdn: .....im just fishing for opinions and such :thumbsup:
any info would be great

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kenr74

Posted September 11, 2007 - 02:22 PM

I have the Rekluse and love it. Great in the dunes, track, and tight stuff. I'm a crappy rider as it it so not having to mess with a clutch is a big help. Mine went right in and was ready to ride in about an hour. I notice it the most in tight stuff where people are stalling out. I just putt right past them and the clutch does all the hard stuff for me.

Haven't had the Hinson but I did have their clutch basket in a Banshee and it worked fine.

• Fastest1

Posted September 11, 2007 - 04:47 PM

The Rekluse (all generations) are fine automatic clutches. They do totally different things. Do you want to eliminate stalling or do you want less engine braking. You get plenty of engine braking with the Rekluse if desired. I wouldnt think you need either in the dunes. Funny how people are so resistant to the idea of an auto. They do seem to have taken off in cars quite well and even the Ferrari's (a pretty respected sportscar) are just electronically controlled standards but there is no clutch pedal. Whether you like them or not, you will still get spanked by a few of them.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.