will the 01 yz426f clutch fit in the 00 426 basket ?

7 replies to this topic
  • stroker yz426

Posted September 11, 2007 - 11:43 AM

i was wondering :thumbsup: if anyone knows if the the 01 426 clutch can be used with the 00 426 basket and presure plate
i know:prof: my 00 has 9 plates and the 01 has 8...dont know if it makes that much difference
any info you be greatly appreciated?:ride:
thanks

• grayracer513

Posted September 11, 2007 - 12:06 PM

Yes, it can. That's the fix for a grabby clutch in the '00 model.

Read:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=461631

• stroker yz426

Posted September 11, 2007 - 12:22 PM

thanks
i was wondering why it was soo touchy...i thought it was just going out again...:ride: it had been ridin hard and put away soaked before i got it...i just assumed it needed to be replaced...but when i tore it apart:excuseme: ... the frictions all seemed well within tolerence's :thumbsup: brand recomendations:excuseme: i have been hearing bad things about the ebc and even the hinson....but i think the hinson slipper is out of the price range for now but i do need a new clutch she is slipping now.....too many drags with the friends a couple of weeks ago

• grayracer513

Posted September 11, 2007 - 12:27 PM

I have a full Hinson in the '03, and I have never owned or ridden a better motorcycle clutch in all my life. That's what I have to say about them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stroker yz426

Posted September 11, 2007 - 01:02 PM

hinson you mean basket hub presure plate as well as frictions and steels correct

but the cost is sooo close to the slipper..the slipper is probally a better deal

• grayracer513

Posted September 11, 2007 - 01:19 PM

Not if you don't like slippers, it's not. Besides, the clutch would work as well (at least for a while) with a stock boss, and at $45 each, or so, they can be changed out whenever it's needed. The key parts are the rest of them; the basket, pressure plate, plate set, and to a lesser degree, the springs.

• stroker yz426

Posted September 11, 2007 - 01:47 PM

yea i have always like hinson...i had one in a bike i purchased and sold years ago, but it was half gone upon arrival...ut it did feel better then the clutch in my race bike after the 6 hr endurance race at glen helen with two riders...thanks man im gettin a hinson...im not big on the slipper either...id rather use my clutch more
thanks again

• grayracer513

Posted September 11, 2007 - 08:25 PM

Slippers, like the Hinson slipper, and auto-clutches like the Rekluse are two different things. The Rekluse takes care of feathering in the clutch on take off and at low rpm. It has no effect on engine braking.

The slipper, OTOH, is manual as to engagement and disengagement, but is made to slip to an adjustable degree when the torque is reversed, which reduces engine braking or eliminates it completely. There are often referred to as "back torque limiting" clutches.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.