Replacing Chain - Which One

11 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 11, 2007 - 10:52 AM

after 3000 + miles on my chain its time to question is which brand to use? i know i want an o-ring chain and i know it needs to meet a cc rating of 450+... but again what brands. thanks

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 11, 2007 - 11:07 AM

I'm sure any of their o-ring chains are up to the task of handling the power this brute puts out. I wonder what model chain the OEM D.I.D is?

• dayvn

Posted September 11, 2007 - 12:08 PM

RK xso last so long you will only change it because you get tired of looking at it. Not because it is worn or stretched out.

• byggd

Posted September 11, 2007 - 12:25 PM

I've always been told to replace sprockets and chain together :thumbsup: or at least the front because it spins over three times faster than the rear. O-ring chains are a way better value for off road trail riding. Just dont go crazy spending a lot of money. Primary drive makes a pretty good o-ring chain that is a great price. You can buy chains twice the price but they wont last any longer.

• Rootuser

Posted September 11, 2007 - 12:28 PM

You should really replace chain and sprokets all together. One tends to wear the other. You want them to all wear together. At least that is the convential wisdom. I always replace all three myself so I don't really know what happens if you don't.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 11, 2007 - 01:02 PM

i know to replace sprockets however im talking strictly chains

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Solo

Posted September 11, 2007 - 01:38 PM

I have a DID 520VM x-ring chain that is standing up the abuse I put to it.

• kskyles

Posted September 11, 2007 - 02:59 PM

i have a moose chain on mine right now. it's been great.

i'm sure it's been subcontracted from another major brand, and stamped with the moose logo.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 12, 2007 - 08:42 AM

is 120 link long enough for a 15/(48/50)
also which one do you recommend

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 14, 2007 - 10:17 PM

what do you guys make of this website....this is driving me crazy....also o ring versus x ring :thumbsup:

• maxtherat

Posted September 14, 2007 - 10:25 PM

i agree w/ solowr DID VM xring

• lairpost

Posted September 15, 2007 - 09:37 AM

DID ATV VM xring, slightly thicker side plates, cheaper price than VM xring for no apparent reason.

Excellent life.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.