Which exhaust should I buy? XR650L

48 replies to this topic
  • trippinwilly

Posted September 11, 2007 - 10:41 AM

Hey guys, great site. I have on 07 XRL and want to put a slip on exhaust on it. I would like some recomendations from all of you. I have been leaning toward the FMF Q2, but I want to make sure that it still makes that big bore thumper sound we all know of. Is it louder than the stock exhaust? Any input is welcome. Please give me your input. I want to order one today!

Thanks!

James

• martinfan30

Posted September 11, 2007 - 10:49 AM

go with the xr's only complete stainless system. header/muffler. this will be my next exhaust. currently have the wb e2 series. dont forget to rejet at same time, it wont run good unless you do.

• trippinwilly

Posted September 11, 2007 - 10:52 AM

I have already done Dave's mods, desmogged, uncorked, UNI air filter, now I am just trying to complete it with a nice slip on.

• martinfan30

Posted September 11, 2007 - 10:53 AM

cool. cant tell ya much about the fmf, but ive read some like it.

• trippinwilly

Posted September 11, 2007 - 10:54 AM

Thanks, I like the way you did your rear fender by the way!

• martinfan30

Posted September 11, 2007 - 10:55 AM

thanks bro! i really like the looks of the crf450 rear and the xr400 fenders on these pigs.:thumbsup:

• CReffex

Posted September 11, 2007 - 10:56 AM

Just put my Q2 on yesterday, it's about as lloud as most of the other pipes with their inserts in... Mine has a removable spark arrester that can be removed for alittle deeper tone. I've got no complaints about mine, other than my factory rack will not work with it. But i did notice a good bit of power gain over the stock with baffel out...

• martinfan30

Posted September 11, 2007 - 10:58 AM

what rack? i have the PMB rack and it fits great with the e2 slipon.

• trippinwilly

Posted September 11, 2007 - 11:01 AM

Just put my Q2 on yesterday, it's about as lloud as most of the other pipes with their inserts in... Mine has a removable spark arrester that can be removed for alittle deeper tone. I've got no complaints about mine, other than my factory rack will not work with it. But i did notice a good bit of power gain over the stock with baffel out...

Thanks for the input! Please keep em coming folks.

Thanks,

James

• flyin vee

Posted September 11, 2007 - 11:14 AM

I have an 07 Xrl as well, I ended up with the FMF Q2 and love it!!!!! It has great sound without being annoying. Well worth the money. OZ

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trippinwilly

Posted September 11, 2007 - 11:15 AM

I have an 07 Xrl as well, I ended up with the FMF Q2 and love it!!!!! It has great sound without being annoying. Well worth the money. OZ

How is the power increase?

• trippinwilly

Posted September 11, 2007 - 11:32 AM

What does everyone else think?

• axarob44

Posted September 11, 2007 - 11:53 AM

Hey Tripp, I just put an FMF Power Core 4 on my 07' XRL. Good power gain, it is pretty loud though. I think it's less money than the Q2. It has a spark arrestor.

• trippinwilly

Posted September 11, 2007 - 12:17 PM

Does the spark arrestor make it alot quieter, is it removable, or is it permanet?
How about the look? Does it stick out far? Thanks

• XR_Aaron

Posted September 11, 2007 - 01:54 PM

I've got a white brothers e-series pipe on mine. Sounds great in my opinion. I wouldn't know the power increase though, as I've never driven with the stock pipe. I believe the e-series has been discontinued, so if you spot a used one go for it. Apparently it is one of the most tunable pipes out there...(but correct me if i'm wrong)

• CReffex

Posted September 11, 2007 - 02:25 PM

what rack? i have the PMB rack and it fits great with the e2 slipon.

Guess it's the factory honda rack... Came on the bike from the dealer. Loved the rach, but now it won't fit:foul:

• martinfan30

Posted September 11, 2007 - 02:51 PM

Guess it's the factory honda rack... Came on the bike from the dealer. Loved the rach, but now it won't fit:foul:

what bike?

• LeadDoggy

Posted September 12, 2007 - 05:33 AM

What does everyone else think?

I wish I had gone with the FMF. Purchased the XR's Only black painted slip-on for my XR600. Had to make tire clearence adjustments (torch and hammer) and the end cap leaks. :thumbsup:

• goblin127

Posted September 12, 2007 - 05:38 AM

go with the xr's only complete stainless system. header/muffler. this will be my next exhaust. currently have the wb e2 series. dont forget to rejet at same time, it wont run good unless you do.

I've had this system for three seasons now and it's bulletproof.

• CReffex

Posted September 12, 2007 - 06:39 AM

what bike?

My bad. Its an '06 L.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.