XR650L Dynojet stage 1 AND 55 slow???

10 replies to this topic
  • CReffex

Posted September 11, 2007 - 09:07 AM

Hey guys. Been using others questions on here for a long time to get my bike almost perfect...for the moment. But now i've got a queestion of my own. I'm running an '06 650 L with DJ kit- 165 main, needle in 3rd position, fuel screw 2 3/8, slide drilled, smog removed, airbox opened, Uni Filter,with a Q2 slip on. My plug shows my jetting is right on, but off idle and occasionally i still get a little hesitation. I know the Dynojet folks say a larger piot is not required with their needle..... But i'm wondering if going with the 55 pilot would help anything. Like i said , runs fine like it is, but would this be an improvment??? Thanks guys, JOn

Oh yea, i'm in alabama... So pretty close to sea lever, not excactly sure...

• martinfan30

Posted September 11, 2007 - 10:03 AM

with that setup at that ele., you need at least the 55. i would say use a 58. i was using that kit, drilled slide and 160/55 at 4300 ft. 165/58 would prob. be my choice for your setup.

• axarob44

Posted September 11, 2007 - 12:07 PM

YES! I put the DJ kit in and had the same problem. I have the same set-up as you except a FMF Power Core 4. I had a flat spot right off idle, so I drilled the slide and put a 55 pilot jet in and the thing runs much better. I have a 58 pilot on the way to try that also. So, I say yes on the 55.

• martinfan30

Posted September 11, 2007 - 12:13 PM

+1 on drilling the slide with the djet kit

• Denn10

Posted September 11, 2007 - 12:36 PM

im running a 58 so id say you might like it instead of the 55

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AaronBrown

Posted September 11, 2007 - 07:58 PM

Where do you guys order your jets from?

• martinfan30

Posted September 11, 2007 - 09:02 PM

get from local shops, they usually have what you need. plus, you dont have to wait for shipping. that is, if you have any decent shops around. other wise check the TT store or dare i say, bikebandit.

• Denn10

Posted September 12, 2007 - 07:03 AM

You should have a local shop that has the mains the pilots are so widely used that any shop that has jets should have them.

• axarob44

Posted September 12, 2007 - 06:23 PM

I had a hell of a time finding the 26 series 55 pilot jet. I ended up ordering it from here http://www.carbparts.com/index.html. All the shops here in po-dunk Ohio didn't have a clue. They said to bring the jet in to see if they had anything that would work. So, I ordered the right one. You want a 26 series pilot jet.

• AaronBrown

Posted September 12, 2007 - 07:34 PM

There are three Honda shops within easy riding distance of me, two of them are big dealerships. Nobody stocks the jets I need. I am getting my pipe tomorrow, I already have the dyno jet kit but I want to use a bigger pilot jet to try and get rid of a small low speed bog. I will ask for a 26 series jet and try again but they seem less than helpful. So far I have bought everything for my bike on line because their attitude is kind of crappy and they don't stock anything anyway.

• LRdesert

Posted September 13, 2007 - 10:30 AM

i have the same set up on my xr650r

165 main, needle in 3rd position, fuel screw 2 3/8, slide drilled, smog removed, airbox opened, Uni Filter,with fmf Q2 full sistem
i like to now if i am to lean ?
i ride on san felipe mexico sea level
40 c
80% humidity uff its hot :thumbsup:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.