Dubach rad kit

1 reply to this topic
  • Yamkifour

Posted September 11, 2007 - 08:39 AM

Anyone try installing this on a 2006 or 2007 with the stock head pipe? I was thinking of trying, as long as I didnt have to get exhaust with it. Wondering if anyone else tried this, and how they made out. I assume you could move the rads a little more forward as well as down with this kit to keep from touching head pipe. Any feed back would be great.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brian389

Posted September 11, 2007 - 02:53 PM

I installed the lowering kit on my '06 YZ 450F. I was able to extend the left radiator fully, and the right one down and forward about 3/4". I put heat tape on the bottom of the radiator where it nearly touches the head pipe. It's got about 1/8" clearance or slightly less, but I have not experienced any problems. Let me know if you can tell the difference with and without the lowering kit. It's not a huge difference by any means, but an incremental improvement.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.