why don't we get different colors???

31 replies to this topic
  • redswr

Posted April 17, 2008 - 02:57 PM

thanks for checking that out Don! i'd like to do it but don't have the funds right now...

Has anybody plastic painted a headlight cowl anywhere on TT?

all i've done was my number plates (shown above) i think the head light would hold up better cause it usually doesn't hit the ground when you wreck...lol

• cyclingsucks

Posted May 23, 2008 - 06:48 AM

You should be able to find one on UFO plastics website, they have several different colors for all bikes, not just Yamaha. I just bought all black plastic for my 08 WR450, it's sweet.

• tblrk2008

Posted May 23, 2008 - 09:01 AM

You should be able to find one on UFO plastics website, they have several different colors for all bikes, not just Yamaha. I just bought all black plastic for my 08 WR450, it's sweet.

Cool. What graphics you going to stick on that black?

• Tough Guy

Posted May 23, 2008 - 02:38 PM

I installed the YZ yellow Bob "Hurricane" Hanna plastic/decal kit on my bike. (just like in the picture of the original post) It looks awesome I had a machine shop make a custom bracket/cage assembly for the rear fender out of aluminum, it looks good. I also installed the YZ front number plate until I figure out that...IMS 3.1 gallon tank and a new tall soft Guts seat. Very nice a lot of time and money, but well worth it to me. I'll post a picture soon.

Chris

• WIRE-DOC

Posted May 23, 2008 - 07:03 PM

hey cyclingsucks how about a photo of your all black wr for all of us to see.

• onsan63

Posted May 23, 2008 - 08:57 PM

right behind you there!!! Have been hunting around for plastics (white or black) for my '01 426 and there are bits and pieces available but the hardest one to get hold of is the rear fender with a tail light. Apart from stickers it is difficult to customise and individualise bikes, there's another thread about painting plastics so there is a demand for it! Come on Yamaha, Acerbis, UFO, anyone!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • waydog

Posted May 24, 2008 - 12:39 AM

black plastic would be cool

• off_road_4_me

Posted May 24, 2008 - 10:13 AM

I would buy the yellow one in a heart beat.
I think it would be cool if they did a sky blue/black/gold heralding back to the old IT's of the 70's and 80's those colors look sharp together.

• martin450

Posted May 25, 2008 - 12:05 PM

needs black excels:applause:

too true , man those bikes are sexy ,
My mate has just bought a 2007 yzf250 in white and that is sexy to ,
like he says , yamaha was always white years ago :thumbsup:

• cyclingsucks

Posted May 27, 2008 - 05:42 AM

I was gonna keep it simple, maybe a white tuning fork logo on the radiator covers, and other than that just keep it plain. My rear fender should show up in the next couple days, once i get that installed i'll take a few pics and post them

• cyclingsucks

Posted May 27, 2008 - 05:43 AM

hey cyclingsucks how about a photo of your all black wr for all of us to see.

I'll post one in a few days--still waiting on rear fender to show

• cyclingsucks

Posted May 27, 2008 - 09:15 AM

Chris--where did you get the seat? Is it softer than the stock seats? mine's like a rock, it's a pain in the a**, literally.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.