why don't we get different colors???

31 replies to this topic
  • redswr

Posted September 10, 2007 - 07:37 PM

i think having one of these would be sweet!!! lets start a petition to get them on the showroom floor!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 10, 2007 - 08:17 PM

Why did you post the 250f?

• xrmarty

Posted September 10, 2007 - 08:33 PM

needs black excels:applause:

• redswr

Posted September 10, 2007 - 08:35 PM

Why did you post the 250f?

huh... thats what showed up when i went to the yamaha-motor website and clicked on WR450F gallery...:thumbsup:

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted September 10, 2007 - 09:16 PM

I guess these look ok... but I really like the bikes that look well used. You know, scratched plastic with scuffs on the engine cases. The cockpit should look clean, but real bikes need a few dents in the rim.

I'm usually too busy replacing broken parts to worry about replacing the ugly ones.

• redswr

Posted September 10, 2007 - 09:46 PM

I guess these look ok... but I really like the bikes that look well used. You know, scratched plastic with scuffs on the engine cases. The cockpit should look clean, but real bikes need a few dents in the rim.

I'm usually too busy replacing broken parts to worry about replacing the ugly ones.

yeah but you wouldn't buy one like that off the showroom floor for new price would you?:thumbsup:...lol.

• AnthonyB

Posted September 10, 2007 - 10:10 PM

Does anyone know where one can get white plastics & a grey black seat cover, (YZ colour scheme) for an 07 WR450?

I note that Yammie have taken a cue from ol' Henry Ford; "You can have any colour you want, as long as it's black" ... 'cept here it's blue :thumbsup:

I believe the radiator shrouds are different on the YZ450 :ride: , else I would have made the changes already!

• DJ250F

Posted September 10, 2007 - 10:24 PM

We are getting a special edition set for the 07 WR250F in Australia cos they aren't selling as much as the 450-

Posted Image

• redswr

Posted September 10, 2007 - 10:46 PM

We are getting a special edition set for the 07 WR250F in Australia cos they aren't selling as much as the 450-

Posted Image

i'm moving to australia:worthy:... and its street legal:worthy: :thumbsup:

• AnthonyB

Posted September 10, 2007 - 11:10 PM

My 07 WR450 is street legal, (except it's rubber :thumbsup:), so the move won't be neccessary :ride: however I do want them plastics!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • erickdj

Posted September 11, 2007 - 08:27 AM

Posted Image

I wonder if those kits will be available for sale from the Australian dealers, that would be a nice opportunity to switch colors on my bike.

• CORider63

Posted September 11, 2007 - 08:59 AM

Get an IMS 3.1 gallon tank...it requires YZ radiator shrouds.

• AnthonyB

Posted September 11, 2007 - 11:56 PM

Get an IMS 3.1 gallon tank...it requires YZ radiator shrouds.

I see that IMS only make a 3.4 gal. tank for the 02-06 YZ250/400/426 ... and only natural or blue :thumbsup:

Does anyone make a black or white one for the 07 WR450?

• Derwud

Posted September 14, 2007 - 05:31 AM

I just want the white rear fender so I can get the Doug Henry One industries YZ kit.

• redswr

Posted April 14, 2008 - 10:48 PM

I just want the white rear fender so I can get the Doug Henry One industries YZ kit.

i was just looking at that kit and really wanting it so i gave this thread a bump...

anyone find a rear fender in white or yellow yet?

• bhiggins25

Posted April 15, 2008 - 12:30 PM

Perhaps a dumb question, but...the '06+ YZ rear fender doesn't fit the '07+ WRs??

The real challenge is the headlight cowl. I would love to see some of the Australian white ones show up on Ebay, or be imported into the States.

Ben

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 15, 2008 - 01:57 PM

i was just looking at that kit and really wanting it so i gave this thread a bump...

anyone find a rear fender in white or yellow yet?

Polisport supposedly has the 07' - 08' WR rear fender in Blu, White and Black... I just asked my parts guy to order me one in white but have not heard back from him yet.

http://www.polisport...=776&ID_ORG=776

Good luck with that head light cowl, I have been searching for a white one for a long time now. Even that Aus White Lightning Kit looks like it has a different headlight:excuseme:

Anyone had any luck with the so-called plastic paints holding up to off raod abuse?

• redswr

Posted April 15, 2008 - 05:29 PM

Anyone had any luck with the so-called plastic paints holding up to off road abuse?

actually i painted my side # plates on my 99 and its holding up fairly good... i crash alot though so some of it has worn off. i just did a black flame job (2 coats) then put the clear over it (i put about 8 coats...:thumbsup:).

Posted Image

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 17, 2008 - 07:05 AM

So I sent the link to the Polisport white rear fender to our race team manager / parts guru and he said that the website is only good in Europe and his Polisport distributors in the US could not get it so he started checking with his "people".... Acerbis has one :rant: Just released apparently, still not on their website... he ordered 5 and they will be in his shop in a week and a half. I don't know how many guys on our team want to white out their WR but if you want one and can't get one thru Acerbis yourself, PM me and I can put you in contact with my sponsor.... I am sure they will ship as needed.:thumbsup:

Still no luck on the white headlight cowl :ride: I run a YZ #plate but would really love to have that white headlight cowl with the red back grounds and #'s, pull the headlight out of it and race it, that way everyone would know they just had their doors blown off by a WR :lol:

• dugabrams

Posted April 17, 2008 - 08:37 AM

Has anybody plastic painted a headlight cowl anywhere on TT?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.